There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| The colorful pseudoscience|
|Hating thy neighbour|
|Divide and conquer|
- We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.
- Because the beauty of the White Aryan women must not perish from the earth.
The slogans were coined by noted racist David Lane in reference to his 88 Precepts and "pyramid prophecy". Thus, white supremacists will sometimes combine "the 14 words" in reference to the excerpt in the phrase "14/88" or "1488". It is sometimes claimed the first set of 14 words was inspired by an 88-word passage in Volume 1, Chapter 8 of Mein Kampf but neither Lane or his publisher Fourteen Word Press ever made this association and it is probably a coincidence.
Hungarian far-right (though purportedly not Neo-Nazi) party Jobbik often uses the numbers 14 and 88, such as publishing their program for the 2010 elections in 88 pages and having their party headquarters' phone number be (+36 1) 365 14 88.
In January 2017, Ann Coulter posted a tweet saying only "14!". This was widely interpreted by alt-right Twitter users, as well as liberal observers, as a dog whistle referencing the Fourteen Words and openly identifying herself for the first time as a white nationalist, although Coulter later tweeted that she was counting down the final days of Obama's Presidency and was unaware of the number's Nazi associations.
- "Hate on Display: 14 (words)." Anti-Defamation League.
- "What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. Every thought and every idea, every doctrine and all knowledge, must serve this purpose. And everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility." - Mein Kampf
- "The Truth about 88: New Book Reveals Secret Meaning of Neo-Nazi Codes." Der Spiegel. 2011 June 7.
- "Radical Change: Jobbik Parliamentary Program." Jobbik.
- "Information — Parliamentary parties."
- Huffington Post, "This Ann Coulter Tweet Sure Looks Like A Shoutout To White Supremacists", January 5, 2017.