| Christ died so we may|
write articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
A fundie school is a type of higher education institution established by fundamentalist Christian conservatives. Some fundie schools have actual campuses, possess legitimate academic accreditation, and resemble secular universities. Others are shameless diploma mills which offer "degrees" to anyone with a credit card. Many are located in the Bible belt. Fundie schools often incorporate pseudoscience, young earth creationism and evolution denial into their curricula. In some cases biblical and theological studies make up half or more the school's degree program. Many fundie schools are accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, a creationist accreditation authority.
There are several types of fundie school. At the bottom tier are unaccredited diploma mills, that run shady web sites and operate out of a double wide trailer or someone's private house. The next tier are weirdo schools like Bob Jones University and Pensacola Christian College that have an actual campus run by a fundamentalist mindset. These types of schools often impose strange, restrictive standards of behavior on their students, but usually possess at least national accreditation. The third tier encompasses the fundamentalist right wingers, epitomized by Liberty University and Regent University. These type of schools usually possess regional accreditation. Rounding out the field are the mainstream fundies that are owned or controlled by a church, such as Brigham Young University and Loma Linda University. Many of these schools, especially Pensacola, Liberty, and Bob Jones, get tons of bad reviews online because ignorant parents (some of whom aren't even fundamentalist or Christian) more or less force their problem children to attend as if they were boot camps, thinking these institutions' strict rules will straighten their troubled youngsters out. Most of the time, those parents are dead wrong and setting their children up for a miserable failure.
|Anderson Theological Seminary||Unaccredited||A "distance learning" seminary located in Georgia. Credits can transfer to Liberty University. |
|American University of Health Sciences||National||Allied Health school with a fundamentalist mindset|
|Biola University||Regional||Maintains a strict Biblical inerrancy doctrine; see also William Lane Craig|
|Bob Jones University||National and Regional ||An unsavory fundamentalist and historically racist institution in South Carolina. Gained regional accreditation June 15, 2017 (Oh God! Why?)|
|Boston Baptist College||National||A creationist training camp for fundamentalist ministers|
|Brigham Young University||Regional||Associated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|California Graduate School of Theology||National (Candidate status) ||Incoherent young earth creationist Carl Baugh claims to hold a "Doctor of Philosophy in Theology" from this place.  The CGSOT gained candidate status with TRACS to award bachelors to doctoral degrees. |
|Christian Bible College||Unaccredited||Self-accredited by its own accreditation mill, the American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions|
|Dallas Baptist University||Regional||"Christ-centered quality higher education" with a creationist worldview|
|Florida Bible Institute and Seminary||Unaccredited||This organization has a "campus" in a small office park in Vero Beach, Florida. They claim accreditation from the Association of Independent Christian Colleges & Seminaries, an unaccredited accreditation authority.They offer pseudoscience courses with telling names such as Creationist Geology and Creationist Astronomy.|
|Georgia Christian University||National||Also offers degree programs in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine|
|Houston Baptist University||Regional||Maintains a strict Biblical inerrancy doctrine; see also Lee Strobel and William Lane Craig|
|School of Biblical Apologetics at the Institute for Creation Research||Unaccredited||Accreditation? We don't need no stinking accreditation! "This institutional academic freedom...is not restricted by academic accreditation politics."|
|The King's College||Regional||The former home of Dinesh D'Souza|
|Liberty University||Regional||The progeny of Jerry Falwell. Also has a College of Osteopathic Medicine that holds candidate status with the American Osteopathic Association.|
|Loma Linda University||Regional||A Seventh Day Adventist Church school and home to the Geoscience Research Institute, an organization that advocates a creationist viewpoint in earth sciences and publishes pseudojournals; offers programs in medicine, behavioral sciences, dentistry, pharmacy, health, and religion. Students are required to take Seventh-day Adventist theology courses.|
|Maranatha Baptist University||Regional||Rules modeled after Bob Jones University and Pensacola Christian College|
|The Master's University||Regional|
|New Covenant International University & Theological Seminary||Unaccredited||A diploma mill operating under a religious exemption in the state of Florida|
|Oral Roberts University||Regional||Weird, evangelical cargo cult college with a long list of scandals and smarmy behavior attributed to the spawn of its founder.|
|Oval Bible College||Unaccredited||A diploma mill out of Louisiana that runs a shady web site.|
|Patrick Henry College||National||An unsavory advanced high school training camp for homeschoolers in Virginia|
|Patriot Bible University||Unaccredited||Dr. Dino's alma mater|
|Pensacola Christian College||National||An unsavory fundamentalist, independent Baptist institution in Florida|
|Phoenix University of Theology International||Unaccredited||Assigns credits towards fake degrees based on "life experience." Claims accreditation from the Association of Independent Christian Colleges and Seminaries, a pseudo-accreditation authority, while simultaneously demeaning academic accreditation.|
|Regent University||Regional||The progeny of Pat Robertson|
|San Diego Christian College||Regional||A school with a strict creationist stance; spawned the Institute for Creation Research|
|Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary||Regional||Intelligent Design proponent William Dembski has been associated with the seminary. It is located in Fort Worth, Texas and is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.|
|Wheaton College||Regional||Maintains a strict Biblical inerrancy doctrine|
- Educational Affiliations. andersonvilleseminary.com. Retrieved on 24 October 2015.
- , additional text.
- Biola University Accreditation and Affiliation. biola.edu. "Biola University holds institutional accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (1961)." Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools Members. tracs.org. Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- BYU Accreditation. "Brigham Young University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities." byu.edu. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- Bryan College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate, baccalaureate, and master degrees. sacscoc.org. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- A Matter of Degree: Carl Baugh's Alleged Credentials. talkorigins.org. Retrieved on 30 January 2016.
- Cedarville University Accreditation. cedarville.edu. "The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission." Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- Levicoff, Steve. Name it & Frame It?: New Opportunities in Adult Education and how to Avoid Being Ripped Off by "Christian" Degree Mills. Institute on Religion and Law, 1993.
- Statement of Faith and Facts. christianbiblecollege.org. Retrieved on 17 October 2015.
- Statement of Accreditation Status, Cornerstone University. Retrieved on 18 December 2016.
- Dallas Baptist University Accreditation. www.dbu.edu. Dallas Baptist University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- Dallas Baptist University Mission Statement. www.dbu.edu. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- David Naugle. A Commentary on the Mission Statement of Dallas Baptist University. "DBU is committed to providing academic majors in both the natural and social sciences... In keeping with its primary theistic orientation, DBU undertakes these studies with an understanding of God as the Maker of heaven and earth, and of human beings as the image and likeness of God." www3.dbu.edu. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- AICSS Disclaimer. aiccs.org. Retrieved on 19 June 2016. "Because of the AICCS Board of Directors' convictions in support of religious freedom, Christian liberty, and the separation of church and state, AICCS has never applied for affiliation with any federal government agency. AICCS, therefore, is not recognized by the United States Department of Education."
- Florida Bible Institute and Seminary Course Catalog. tfbis.com. Retrieved on 19 June 2016.
- Houston Baptist University Catalog General Information. hbu.edu. "Houston Baptist University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees." Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- Is ICR’s School of Biblical Apologetics accredited? icr.edu. TL;DR summary: Regional accreditation organizations aren't friendly towards creationist schools, TRACS certification is not available in Texas, and God says we don't need accreditation. Retrieved on 4 December 2015.
- School of Biblical Apologetics, About us. icr.edu. "ICR has prioritized curriculum content and practical ministry needs, rather than adding the expensive costs of academic accreditation politics..." Retrieved on 4 December 2015.
- The King's College Accreditation. tkc.edu. "The King’s College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education..." Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- Liberty University Institutional Accreditation. "Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. " liberty.edu. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- WACS Accreditation. llu.edu. "Loma Linda University (LLU) is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)." Retrieved on 24 September 2015.
- Maranantha Baptist University Accreditation. "Since 1993, Maranatha has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission... part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. " Retrieved on 19 March 2017.
- The Master's College Accreditations. masters.edu. "The Master's University is accredited to award bachelor's and master's degrees by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges..." Retrieved on 16 December 2016.
- New Covenant International University & Theological Seminary 2014-2018 catalog. newcovenantinternational.squarespace.com. Page 18. Florida Statute 2009 Title XLVIII Chapter 1005.06.(1) (f)[F.S.] enables religious educational institutions to operate by sworn affidavit with exemption from state government control and determination of curriculum or accreditation and licensure demands. Retrieved on 17 October 2015.
- Oral Roberts University Accreditation. www.oru.edu. Retrieved on 18 July 2016.
- Oval Bible College is accredited by the National Bible College Association, an unaccredited accreditation authority. National Bible College Association (NBCA) Member List. Retrieved on 27 December 2015.
- Oval Bible College about page. ovalbiblecollege.com. Retrieved on 13 October 2015.
- Patriot Bible University claims accreditation by the Accrediting Commission International (ACI), an unaccredited accreditation authority. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- Accrediting Commission International (ACI) is not recognized as an accreditation authority by either the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the United States Department of Education, the two institutions responsible for recognizing educational accrediting institutions in the United States. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- Scripture rebuttal, accreditation, alumnus professor. phxut.org. Retrieved on 28 October 2016. "Accredited by AICCS the Association of Independent Christian Colleges and Seminaries...We believed that most accredited institutions have drifted far from the classical Biblical principles of sound doctrine and scholastic pragmatism that was originally their approach to education. They have turned away from performance and competency based education, with a focus on the mastery of skills, to a government mandated academic emphasis based on secular, socio-political, and economic theories gained through classroom indoctrination."
- AICCS Disclaimer. Retrieved on 28 October 2016. "Because of the AICCS Board of Directors' convictions in support of religious freedom, Christian liberty, and the separation of church and state, AICCS has never applied for affiliation with any federal government agency. AICCS, therefore, is not recognized by the United States Department of Education."
- Regent University Accreditation. regent.edu. "Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associates, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees." regent.edu. Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- San Diego Christian College Accreditation. sdcc.edu. "San Diego Christian College is accredited by the Senior Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges." Retrieved on 24 September 2015.
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Accreditation. swbts.edu. "Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees." Retrieved on 21 November 2015.
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary - What We Believe. swbts.edu. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Accreditation. swbts.edu. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- Wheaton College Accreditations. wheaton.edu. Retrieved on 16 October 2015.
- Wheaton College Statement of Faith and Educational Purpose. wheaton.edu. Retrieved on 16 October 2015.