Our purpose here at RationalWiki includes:
- Analyzing and refuting pseudoscience and the anti-science movement;
- Documenting the full range of crank ideas;
- Explorations of authoritarianism and fundamentalism;
- Analysis and criticism of how these subjects are handled in the media.
We welcome contributors, and encourage those who disagree with us to register and engage in constructive dialogue.
We have 7,741 articles for your enjoyment.
The anti-vaccination movement is a loosely-organized conspiracy-theorist subculture that blames the medical practice of vaccination for a wide range of health problems and whose advocates have, ironically, been directly responsible for the return of health disasters by reinvigorating diseases that had almost been eradicated by said vaccines. The movement, largely led by people with no medical or scientific qualifications (or, tellingly, stripped of credentials for malpractice and fraud), bases its claims largely on spurious alleged short- and long-term side-effects of vaccinations. Effects which are — to boot — often trivial when compared to the severity of what were once common illnesses.
Anti-vaccination proponents argue that vaccines are deadly poisons (and that this ought to be "considered completely proven" to anyone but a shill). Yet the anti-vaccination movement fails to gain traction outside of social media. Therefore, by necessity, they argue that some kind of cover-up must be taking place (particularly in the CDC), that the vaccines serve an agenda completely different from disease prevention, or that the anti-vaccination "whistleblowers" are being kept down by some sort of shadowy power.
- RationalWiki portal:
- See our guide for newcomers!
- A brief history of RationalWiki...
- Share how you found RationalWiki!
- For general chatter that doesn't fit anywhere else, the Saloon Bar is the place to go.
- Essay portal:
- Essays written by individual users covering a wide range of subjects. Comment on the talk pages or write your own.
- Debate portal:
- Informal debates covering political and philosophical issues. Participate freely or start your own.
- Writing articles:
- Read up on what a RationalWiki page is and our community standards.
- Take a look at the help pages if you're having trouble.
- We also keep a list of useful links.
- Our to do list is where we pile up ideas for articles. See if anything piques your interest!
What is going on...
|…in the world?(talk) "Actual" "news" from the "real world."|
|…in the Blogosphere?(talk) Quality blog posts, editorials, videos, and social media activities that relate to RationalWiki's mission.|
|…in the Clogosphere?(talk) Craziness from the clogged-up fringes of the Internet.|
|…with the Elections?(talk) News about elections from around the world.|
|…at RationalWiki?(*hic*) Our own main back-page.|
Portals and Articles[See more content]