|Part of a series on|
|Spectra and binaries|
|Someone is wrong on|
While "sex" typically describes chromosomes, genitalia, and other biological markers of biological sex, "gender" denotes the non-biological aspects, such as cultural and religious attitudes and self-identity. Like many things in life, gender ain't so black and white, and the matter is much more complicated than it appears.
For some people, their gender is different from the one they were assigned at birth. These people are called transgender, and the term encompasses many different identities and manifestations, such as trans men and trans women, people who identify as something beyond "male" or "female", people who identify with no gender, and many more.
Many of the webshites in this collection espouse transphobia, a broad term describing bigotry against transgender people, while a couple support some of the nastier forms of radical feminism. Several of them promote the crossover of the two, trans-exclusionary radical feminism.
TERFs and Radfems
- /r/ask_detransition(r/detrans groomers to let outsiders that got banned there due to "abuse of flair"[note 1] to ask them stupid questions. ): A front group run by
- /r/askAGP(autogynephilia is nothing more than pseudoscientific bullshit. ): Community of trans women that don't understand that
- /r/detrans(conversion therapy on themselves due to internalized transphobia. Posters like to troll and say that basically everything can lead to your detransition. Full of false, misleading and outright dangerous misinformation. A lot of posts and comments are sent by transphobic trolls to confuse transgender lurkers. They pissed at us. ): A cesspool of TERFs and trans people in denial hidden under the cover of "detransition support" who are trying to practice
- /r/FemaleDatingStrategy(Political lesbianism and imposing unrealistic and dangerous standards for men. It's frequently targeted by MGTOWrs and MRAs because of the nature of the subreddit, so they insist that any criticism of them is actually an MRA harassment campaign. Thankfully they went private in May 2022. ): A community supposedly for women to ask other women for dating advice. In actuality; not only is it a TERF breeding ground, but it also encourages
- /r/feminisms( ): Not to be confused with /r/feminism, this subreddit looks pretty nice until you dig.
- /r/GenderCritical( ): The phrase "gender critical" is, by itself, a TERF shibboleth. It does not fail to deliver. Thankfully banned as of July 2020.
- /r/Scrambled_Eggs_irl(r/detrans, this shite version of r/egg_irl is effectively a brainwashing machine that attempts to convert those resistant to drink the Kool-Aid. Warning: your brain will be fried before you can blink your eye. ): Run by moderators of
- /r/TumblrInAction(/r/trans, It was a subreddit made to mock so-called "SJWs", but it inevitably turned into a circlejerk of le so brave redditors standing up to teh transies. It ended up being banned on June 21, 2022, along with its younger brother SocialJusticeInAction. ): Twice the size as
- 4thWaveNow(gender dysphoria in children. They are known as the masters in the field of deception. ): Supposedly a community of people who question the medical transition of gender-atypical youth, like there is no scientific evidence and ethics for treatment for
- 4W( ): typical transphobic, libfem-bashing terf site.
- An American Conversation Podcast( ): TERF podcast founded by Rose Medina MSSW and Hollywood actor Leland Heflin that interviews TERFs and gender criticals and plugs Genspect
- You think I just don't understand, but I don't believe you(Cathy Brennan's trans-harassment machine. Transphobic radical political lesbian feminist and all-around drama llama with a thing for harassing trans bloggers. ):
- Bayswater Support Group([note 2]. ): Apparently a support group for parents of transgender youth in London, in reality it tries to give them guidance how to stop their children from transitioning
- Canadian Gender Report(TERF blog bullshitting about gender-affirming care and supporting conversion therapy intended for Canadian audience. ): A
- Clefairy.net(r/detrans. ): Probably a transgender woman in denial, this is a rare example of a detransitioned TERF who was assigned male at birth that got really popular on
- Cherryblossomlife(nature woo and chemophobia. ): One of the radfemsphere main players. Appears to vaguely subscribe to
- Cluniac(detransitioner who regrets his transition and now uses his experience to hate on gender therapists and trans people. He was starred on webshites of Our Duty and Ovarit. ): A YouTube channel of an MtFtM
- Destroy Your Binder(bullshit onto this webshite. ): As it was to be expected from the title of the website, an AFAB person flows its hate and transphobic
- Detrans Voices( ): A website that shares detransition stories, no matter how transphobic they are. Also contains links to several transphobic websites.
- Fair Play For Women(Lauren Southern while strawmanning trans protection laws. Horseshoe theory, anyone? ): A trans-bashing terf website that once published an article praising far-right journalist
- Feminist Current(Meghan Murphy, Feminist Current is more of a rip tide, actually. Conserve your energy and swim cross-current to get out. Go quietly so as not to attract the sharks. ): Founded and operated by
- Gender: A Wider Lens(Sasha Ayad and Stella O'Malley. It's supported by an another webshite from this list called Genspect. ): A transphobic podcast hosted by two TERF cranks,
- Gender Critical Support Board(reparative therapy for their trans children. In addition, it runs a wiki. ): An online forum for transphobic parents or, in the best case, misinformed transgender youth who are seeking
- Gender Dysphoria Alliance( ): An alliance that pushes pseudoscientific "evidence" in order to piss on current internationally-recognized standards.
- Gender Dysphoria Working Group(cranks who bullshit their way to outlaw gender-affirming transgender care for people under 18. ): A group of
- Gender Health Query( ): Anti-trans site claiming to be "supportive" of dysphoric youth... by promoting transphobic sites and individuals.
- Gender is Poison( ): TERF site that once suggested that gender-critical/transphobic feminists should ally themselves with Christian conservatives against trans people.
- Gender Care Consumer Advocacy Network( ): A group that attempts to hide their bigotry towards transgender youth by not providing them gender-affirming care while supposedly "fighting for better transgender-affirming care".
- Gender Critical Dad( ): A rare example of a male TERF.
- Gender Dysphoria Support Network(conversion therapy for their minors. ): An international group that seeks to provide parents support in finding
- Gender Exploratory Therapy Association(strawmanning arguments for gender-affirming care in order to make it seem like blind unquestioning rush for hormones and surgery and push conversion therapy disguised as "exploratory therapy" instead Looks professional, until you dig slightly deeper and see its meaty insides. ): A webshite
- Genspect(conversion therapy toward vulnerable minors. They also claim to run a semi-secret forum for parents. ): Advertising themselves as "a rational approach to gender"Do You Believe That?, it's an another organization pushing
- Graham Linehan: Irish comedian. Was known on Twitter for his transphobic comments. Prior to his Twitter suspension, he was sued by several trans women for his transphobia.
- Inspired Teen Therapy(TERF therapist Sasha Ayad that sells reparative therapy disguised as "explorative therapy". ): A webshite operated by a
- It's A Fetish( ): An archive of banned Reddit communities. No comment needed.
- J.K. Rowling( ): Author of the Harry Potter books. Defended Maya Forstater after she was fired for her transphobia, and only further slipped down the TERF rabbit hole after.
- Kathleen May(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2v4ZQbBFhs-DViRa7zT8jQ ): Canadian trans/male-exclusionary radical lesbian separatist feminist. 'Nuf said.
- Kirjo( ): An extremely vile Finnish website hating on trans people.
- Lily Maynard( ): A personal webshite that welcomes its users with primitive "I don't believe in the gender fairy" banner.
- Lisa Littman(rapid-onset gender dysphoria diagnosis. ): A creator of the pseudoscientific
- The Liz Library(Gardner and anti-Kinsey, Reisman-quoting, parental alienation and false memory denier, holistic lawyer Elizabeth Kates from Florida. Is also TERF (to the point she calls transgender women "extreme transvestites", and she's not a fan of the other kind of transvestites either), SWERF, anti-surrogacy and egg donation, anti-psychology (to the point she quotes from Scientology's "Citizens Commission on Human Rights" front group) and doesn't believe men, in whatever situation, can ever be truly good, nurturing parents (due to "not being invested in parenting" or some such, which is basically a code word for not being born with wombs and breasts). For some reason she is pro-Donald Trump (to the point that, on January 9, 2021, she had a large banner on her webshite stating "Biden did not win. We stand for Trump and justice") and posts global warming denial material. As a SWERF and false memory denier, she claims that people who defend sex workers and are against false memories (like in this case Debbie Nathan) deserve to be raped. ): Anti-
- Lupron Victims Hub(Haig's Law. It's a good thing that it's nearly unreadable. ): A webshite spreading misinformation about puberty blockers that perfectly adheres to
- Magdalen Berns(Riley Dennis, whom she would refer to as "he") and also made a video called "There is no such thing as a lesbian with a penis!" Berns passed away in 2019. ): A British lesbian TERF who frequently misgendered the trans women she criticized in her videos (like
- Melanie Murphy(Arielle Scarcella and Jaclyn Glenn. On Twitter, she defended Arielle Scarcella's transphobia in response to the backlash the LGBTQ+ community was throwing towards her response to neonfiona. ): Irish lifestyle vlogger. Has made videos where she has collaborated with
- The New Thoughtcrime(strawmans arguments used in transgender communities in order to paint it as a "manipulative" group. ): An anti-trans resource that
- Ovarit( ): An invitation-only, self-described "feminist"
forumecho chamber dedicated to hating trans people, especially trans women. It serves as a refuge for the TERF movement, as well as other transphobic discourse.
- Our Duty( ): It is our duty to increase suicides of young transgender people.
- Parents of ROGD Kids(Rapid-onset gender dysphoria propaganda website. Full of bullshit from the sister website 4thwavenow, quote mining and junk science. ):
- Parents with Inconvenient Truths about Trans(propaganda dedicated to TERF parents of transgender children that shoehorns transphobia anywhere it can fit. ): Also known as PITT(y), this newsletter is pure
- Partners for Ethical Care(pseudoscientific ideology of conversion therapy in place of evidence-based gender-affirming care. Fortunately, a disclaimer on the bottom of the web page warns smarter readers not to fall for their bullshit. ): Pushing the
- Peak Trans(TERF Maria MacLachlan that doesn't even attempt to cover up her hatred of transgender people. ) and YouTube( ): A webshite ran by a
- Pique Resilience Project(transphobic detransitioned FtMtF people who share their stories and "information" on detransition. ): A bunch of
- Post Trans( ): Detransition stories of female detransitioners. Not all that bad compared to most webshites here, but several stories seem to push TERF propaganda.
- Radical Wind(Cathy Brennan was too sane for you, you are therefore redirected here. She believes liberal feminism and sex-positivity to be conspiracy theories. Is also very, very transphobic. ): Because if
- Reality Girl Zine(r/detrans crank and a creator of the "Why are girls deciding to be boys?" propaganda booklet. ): An
- Real Talk Therapy(ROGD bullshit. She also tries to circumvent conversion therapy ban through only working with parents of "ROGD" youth, skipping work with the minor entirely. Don't give her a cent. ): A webshite of Stephanie Winn, an Oregon-based practitioner of conversion therapy. She claims to work with (in fact, actually brainwash) "detransitioners" and believes in
- A Room of Our Own(cherry picks crimes by transwomen in order to portray all transgender people as criminals. ): Radical feminist blogger
- Sarah Ditum(. Also more or less came to the defence of Leelah Alcorn's transphobic parents . ): An English journalist/concern troll and terf who pulls the usual schtick of fighting sexism, while bashing trans people
- Sasha Ayad's YouTube(TERF, practitioner of conversion therapy and the author's of the "Inspired Teen Therapy" webshite YouTube channel designed to give bad advice to transphobic parents. ): A
- Save Women's Sports( ): A group of cis women who whine about the transgender swimmer Lia Thomas about beating female swimming records.
- Sex Change Regret( ): A conservative white Christian male Walt Heyer lived as a transgender woman for 8 years and believes that since he regretted gender transition, everyone will regret it.
- Singal-Minded(Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria and supporting Abigail Shrier. ): Run by Jesse Singal, it is a newsletter that supposedly covers "instances in which science and social-justice-advocacy get in fights", but in reality is just a blog pushing transphobic ideas like
- Society for Evidence-Based Gender Medicine(Cherry picks the studies so that authors can build their own narrative. ): Somehow the gender-affirming model of care for children, adolescents and young-adults is not safe, ethical and evidence-based.
- Spinster(Twitter for TERFs. Founded by lesbian separatist and TERF Mary Kate Fain after being fired from her job as a software engineer for writing transphobic blog posts. Consequently, she's also a friend of Meghan Murphy of Feminist Current. ):
- Stats for Gender(Genspect cherry picking bad studies in order to propagate their transphobic narrative. Thankfully it's blocked by Malwarebytes Premium. ): Another webshite ran by
- Story Ending Never( ): A white racist lesbian atheist radfem with lots of sexist generalizations about those violent stupid animals of the male persuasion. Also hates women of color and strongly believes that only white women are being oppressed.
- TERF is a slur(cherry picked all the pictures to argue that word TERF is somehow a slur (to them). ): Some TERF has
- Thoughtful Therapists(conversion therapy on LGB people, but won't hesitate practicing it on transgender people. ): A group of therapists who are strongly against
- Transgender Reality: A blog that is ran by a radfem who believes that transgender people are being "recruited and coached" into becoming transgender. It's as full of shit as it sounds.
- Transgender Trend(No child is born in the wrong body." While not quite as feminist oriented as others, it does give support to at least one terfy individual. ): A website for UK parents that claims to simply "questioning the transgender narrative" in regards to children. Since then, its slogan has changed to "
- Transgression Film Studios(quack G. Eugene Pichler believes that being transgender is apparently an addiction. It is also one of longest running webshites on this list, being active since October 1998. ): A
- TReVoices(Haig's Law advocates to ban gender transition to anyone under 18. One of most bigoted webshites of all time. ): A crazy transphobic trans male has created a website adhering to
- TT Exulansic( that harasses trans people and spread misinformation about everything gender-related. ): A "gender atheist", she claims to have a BA in gender studies and to be a speech-language pathologist
- Trust Your Perceptions( ): A man-hating radical lesbian separatist feminist site that believe that semen suppresses women's "natural" ability to reproduce via parthenogenesis.
- Waffling Willow(calls transgender people a cult through shoehorning and making up bullshit. ): A cis woman detransitioner who
- Women Are Human(
hate"news" site for terfs. ): Typical trans-bashing, cherry-picking
- Youth Trans Critical Professonals(, this webshite was popular back in the day. ): No longer publicly available
- Kalvin Garrah( ): Transmedicalist who engages in frequent gatekeeping of the trans community and has sent his fanbase to harass non-binary and non-passing trans people.
- Mogaipedia( ): Wiki that supposedly exists to make fun of MOGAI and xenogenders. However, it frequently engages in broader transmedicalist talking points, and even claims that not being transmedicalist is an invention of MOGAI.
- /r/truscum( ): A subreddit that is intended for transmedicalists.
- A spreadsheet containing links to transphobic Twitter users.
- Shinigami Eyes: Open source addon for Chrome web browser that helps the trans user to avoid these webshites and more.
- In reality, no one cares whether you really detransition as long as you are obedient to the leaders of the /r/detrans cult.
- Well, in the best case, if they "desist" to their parents, they will simply go back in closet and wait until they are adults to continue their transition.
- They themselves admitted they're a trans identity repression cult.
- 33 minutes of his whining. Includes comments from TERFs.
- They have given it away themselves: "We believe that psychological approaches should be the first-line treatment for all cases of gender dysphoria. Psychological interventions avoid the risks of social and medical transition, and support client autonomy by facilitating deeper self-understanding."
- Her bullshit on Ovarit
- She created the site after losing her job over her criticisms of transgender politics http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/112139-The-First-RadFem-Social-Network
- Her Substack