| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
VDARE is an "editorial collective" white nationalist website run by batshit paleoconservative Peter Brimelow (1947–). The site features articles by alt-right and paleoconservative writers such as Steve Sailer, Ann Coulter, Edward Dutton, Michelle Malkin, Chuck Baldwin, Paul Craig Roberts, and Pat Buchanan on a variety of topics, and several writers who mostly only write for VDARE about race and immigration matters. VDARE also publishes hit-piece articles attacking alleged SJWs written by Lance Welton. The SPLC have noted that VDARE "regularly publishes articles by prominent white nationalists, race scientists and anti-Semites."
The site appears to be mainly a platform for Peter Brimelow's anti-immigration views, which veer frequently into playing footsie with overt white nationalism; the other topics are window dressing. Brimelow has admitted that VDARE does publish people who are white nationalists. VDARE has carried articles by fringe "academics" Jared Taylor, J. Philippe Rushton, Edward Dutton and Kevin MacDonald, who more than just flirt with overt "scientific" racism (or "racial realism", as they like to call it). It also carried articles by Sam Francis until his death in 2005.
Hilariously, a few of their writers seem to be fish out of water there, writing about civil liberties advocacy, opposition to war and globalization, and critiques of government power, oblivious to the mainly immigration-related and white supremacist tilt of the site. Of course, this fits with the site's paleoconservatism, as that philosophy is also opposed to militarism and globalization, albeit from an isolationist, "America First" view rather than a humanitarian one. Paul Craig Roberts is an obvious example, although VDARE is just running his syndicated columns, meaning there is no reason to ever read VDARE just to cherry pick the occasional good stuff since it can be read elsewhere.
The site is, however, a really good fit for Malkin's wingnuttery. In a great example of tokenism, the site hand-waves accusations of racism by touting the fact that Malkin is a Filipina, as well as the minority status of other contributors such as the half-Korean, half-Jewish Marcus Epstein and the Cuban-born George Borjas. It helps to overlook the facts that Malkin wrote a book-length defense of racial profiling and Japanese American internment during World War II, and that Epstein karate chopped a black woman while muttering "nigger." But look, they've got non-white employees, so they can't possibly be racist! Adding to that, VDARE itself claims that Cubans are really "white" unlike most Hispanics, meaning they don't have any employees that are either a) black or b) that they themselves would consider Hispanic.
In May, 2020 a Facebook group connected to VDARE was suspended.
In June 2020, the domain registrar Network Solutions announced that they plan to terminate the account for VDARE for promoting white nationalist and anti-immigration views. As of August 2020 the website has not been delisted.
- Peter Brimelow and VDare, the white nationalist website with close ties to the right, explained
- VDARE. Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Overseers Candidate Donates to ‘Quasi-White Nationalist’ Group by Andrew M. Duehren and Daphne C. Thompson (April 14, 2016) The Harvard Crimson
- Announcing VDARE.com's War on Christmas Competition 2011 - Defy the Deniers!
- A VDARE Contributor Worries About Smears; Peter Brimelow Reassures Him - Oh yes, really.
- David Weigel (June 1, 2009) "Tom Tancredo Staffer Pleads Guilty to Karate-Chopping Black Woman". Archived from the original.
- Facebook scrubbed accounts related to QAnon and a designated hate group in April
- YouTube permanently bans white nationalist channel VDARE
- Online registrar threatens to drop anti-immigration website