Marjorie Taylor Greene
| A guide to|
|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
“”Every Republican, every Christian Conservative is going to be called a racist and a bigot.
|—Marjorie Taylor Greene, racist and bigot|
Marjorie Taylor Greene (1974–) is the first QAnon conspiracy nut alongside Lauren Boebert ever to be elected to the United States Congress, representing Georgia's 14th House district. A fellow Republican in Congress describes her as "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."
Conspiracy theories had festered and writhed on the fringes and underbelly of the American conservative movement for decades, but were largely seen as disreputable and ridiculous by the vast majority of Republicans. However, with the Mango Messiah's election in 2016, these once-mocked conspiracies were elevated from the lowest rung on the ladder of the conservative movement to holier than Saint Ronnie himself. By the time of the 2020 presidential election, these foul conspiracy theories had essentially replaced the entire conservative movement (now a personality cult), in addition to the entirety of the US Republican Party's platform. (They literally didn't even bother writing a party platform in 2020 and just glided on conspiracies and Trump instead.)
Into this shitshow struts Marjorie Taylor Greene. She's been recorded saying, on tape, that Hillary Clinton secretly murdered John F. Kennedy Jr. She also believes that there's a Satanic, pedophilic cult of blood-drinkers and baby-eaters operating out of a random pizza restaurant. She's perfect.
Portfolio and greatest hits
- The American government is a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles that can only be defeated by conspiracy nuts like Greene.
- Wildfires are caused by secret space lasers that are operated by DA JOOZ!
- George Soros, whose Jewish family was hunted by Nazis, is secretly a Nazi.
- Black Lives Matter are also Nazis, somehow.
- Children that manage to survive school shootings aren't just Nazis. They are literally Hitler himself.
- Greene says that if she were black, she would be proud of monuments to slave-owning war criminals.
- She believes that Barack Obama commands Latino gangs as his personal death-squads.
- She says Muslim people should be barred from holding public office, in spite of the fact that this would be exactly the sort of anti-religious conspiracy that Greene fantasizes she herself is the victim of. (And it would be illegal.)
- It is "oppressive" that congress-people like her have to wear masks. Oh, won't someone please think of the poor, oppressed congresspeople!?!??
- She thinks that transgender people aren't real, and are also, somehow, an abomination that threatens children. For some reason she films herself yelling loudly about this topic in a public library. She also had harassed her office neighbor, Marie Newman (IL-D), because she put up a trans pride flag in support of her daughter . Rude.
- An anonymous online troll called "Q" is the only person who can save America from all the above made-up problems.
- She believes that the Parkland mass shooting was a false flag.
- Greene's Facebook feed included several endorsements of violence against Democrats, including against Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
- Greene promoted an anti-refugee and anti-Semitic propaganda video that demonised Africans and Muslims, promoted the "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory and promoted anti-Semitic conspiracy theories blaming Jews for muslim immigration to Europe.
- Greene liked comments that suggested execution of FBI agents who are part of the "deep state".
- Claims that there was no evidence that an airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11
- Claims that Obama is secretly a Muslim
- Claims that the Clintons killed JFK Jr. (Clinton body count)
Pivot… or not
Immediately after she won her primary election (the only election that matters in her very Republican district) Greene distanced herself from QAnon in a Fox News interview. Apparently she finally noticed that Q had been lying the whole time! The reality is that she may no longer be talking about 'Q', but still believes that there is a secret plot to undermine Donald Trump.
- Levenson, MichaelRepublican Leaders Condemn a G.O.P. Congressional Candidate’s Racist Facebook Videos. The New York Times.
- Sasse, Ben. QAnon Is Destroying the GOP From Within The Atlantic
- Margulies, Ben. Even if it wanted to, the Republican Party simply cannot stop the spread of the QAnon conspiracy and the candidates which support it. London School of Economics.
- Shepard, Alex. Why the GOP Didn’t Write a New Platform. The New Republic
- GOP Congresswoman Blamed Wildfires on Secret Jewish Space Laser New York Magazine
- Simon, Barbara. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Georgia GOP House Primary winner, has disturbing and dangerous record of anti-LGBTQ and racist rhetoric and threatening behavior. GLAAD.
- US: Proponent of 'QAnon' Conspiracy Theories, Marjorie Taylor Greene Wins House Seat
- Espana, Melissa (2021-02-25). "Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene mocks Illinois Rep. Marie Newman’s transgender pride flag".
- Parkland families call for Marjorie Taylor Greene's resignation after posts surface showing she agreed shooting was a 'false flag' by Dakin Andone (Updated 3:03 PM ET, Fri January 22, 2021) CNN.
- The GOP’s Marjorie Taylor Greene problem is spinning out of control by Aaron (Jan. 27, 2021 at 8:03 a.m. PST) The Washington Post.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene shared an anti-Muslim video that portrays Jewish people as trying to destroy Europe through immigration Media Matters
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene video: Obama secretly a Muslim, Clintons killed JFK Jr., Pentagon attack on 9/11 is questionable by Catie Edmondson (Jan 30, 2021 at 11:36 AM) The New York Times via The Baltimore Sun.
- Marjorie Greene, controversial Georgia Republican, says she's not a QAnon candidate: Trump-backed candidate says she no longer talks about 'Q' after finding 'misinformation' by Marisa Schultz (August 14, 2020) Fox News.
- House Minority Leader McCarthy claims Reps.-elect Greene, Boebert 'denounced' QAnon; Greene has not by Derek Hawkins (November 12, 2020 at 1:12 p.m. PST) The Washington Post.