| The divine comedy|
RATE stands for Radioisotopes and the Age of The Earth, a 9 year project by creation "scientists" from the Institute for Creation Research to study radiometric dating as applied to the age of the Earth. The results of the RATE team supposedly bring into question the accuracy of radiometric dating and attempt to show a young Earth.
Naturally several scientific papers have refuted the RATE teams results (see below).
Key members of RATE included John Baumgardner, Andrew A. Snelling, and Russell Humphreys, all of which have accredited degrees in their respective fields.
The team studied:
- Polonium halos
- dating of Grand Canyon rocks
- Potassium-argon and argon-argon dating - problem with excess argon
- Helium diffusion in Zircons
- Carbon 14 decay using Accelerated mass spectrometer
From the horse's mouth
- Gary H. Loechelt, March 18, 2009, http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/origins/helium-gl4.htm
- Kevin R Henke, November , 2005, http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/helium/
- Old Earth Ministries: Creation Science Exposed - R.A.T.E. Project
|Institute for Creation Research—the original creationist organisation:|
|Alpha-Omega Institute - Andrew Snelling - Brian Thomas - Danny Faulkner - David A. DeWitt - Duane Gish - Henry M. Morris - Institute for Creation Research - Jason Lisle - Jeffrey Tomkins - Jerry Bergman - John D. Morris - Lawrence Ford - Lists of creationist scientists - Nathaniel Jeanson - Russell Humphreys - San Diego Christian College - TRACS - Timothy LaHaye - Your Origins Matter|