Michael J. Knowles
| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
Michael J. Knowles (1990–) is a conservative talking head and host of the The Michael Knowles Show, a podcast at Ben Shapiro's online tabloid The Daily Wire. He is most well known for releasing a 266-page book called Reasons to Vote for Democrats: A Comprehensive Guide, which consists almost entirely of blank pages.
During the 2016 Presidential Election, Knowles supported Ted Cruz in the Republican primary. He starred in Cruz's campaign ad "War Room" among a circle of political operatives in a dimly-lit room, taking turns criticizing then-candidate Trump.
- In a PragerU video, he associated the alt-right with the contemporary American left. The same video has him acting as if 600 people attending the Unite the Right rally wasn't that alarming (nevermind the fact that movements can grow), in the process claiming that the alt-right is "really small."
- He supports the continued existence of Guantanamo Bay.
- A self-proclaimed pro-lifer, he fully endorses the death penalty.
- He supports holding undocumented immigrants in prison without due process.
- He fully endorses the assassination of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi by the government of Saudi Arabia, as he considers Khashoggi to be a Islamic terrorist.
- He claims that hate for Andrew Jackson is "tedious" and denies that Jackson committed ethnic cleansing and genocide.
- Endorses Donald Trump's racist temper tantrum against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley, saying "all of these women constantly present themselves as foreign."
- He claims that birtherism isn't racist, and that people believed in the conspiracy theory because Barack Obama "doesn't speak like an American".
- He claims that Ilhan Omar dragged Elliot Abrams during a Congressional hearing because he is Jewish, and not because of his involvement in the Iran-Contra scandal and the war crimes committed against Latin American countries during the Reagan era.
- He claims that soccer is anti-American because it involves non-American teams.
Climate change denial
|+||This section requires expansion.|
- Knowles claims the scientific consensus on climate change "is just a lot of political alarmism."
- In September 2019, he slandered climate activist Greta Thunberg as "mentally ill", as if Asperger's Syndrome had any bearing on the reality of climate change. Even FOX News had the sense to apologize for his remark while he doubled down on his
- He implied that the "climate hysteria movement" was being led by politicians rather than scientists. ...No really, he actually said that awareness of climate change wasn't "about science".
- A champion of free speech, he supports a Constitutional amendment to ban burning the American flag.
- Had Joseph Nicolosi Jr., who, like his father, is a practitioner of conversion therapy on his show as a guest.
- Claims that trans women are men, and equates being trans to having schizophrenia.
- Months after Obama granted clemency to whistleblower Chelsea Manning, Knowles whined that she should still be imprisoned.
- In the aforementioned PragerU video, he condemned major alt-right figureheads Richard Spencer, Theodore Beale, Paul Ramsey, and Sam Francis for their rampant white nationalism
and atheism.The bar is indeed low for Michael, but IT EXISTS!
- Amazon bestseller 'Reasons to Vote for Democrats' is a book of empty pages The Hill. 03/09/17.
- Conservative speaker Michael Knowles speech disrupted The Washington Post. April 12, 2019.
- Politicon 2018 - How the Fuck Are We Going to Get Along? (October 22, 2018), YouTube.
- Twitter post 22 May 2019.
- Twitter post 14 Jun 2019.
- https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1150879295977533450 Twitter post] 15 Jul 2019.
- Twitter post 4 Jun 2019.
- Twitter post 13 Feb 2019.
- Ilhan Omar Clashed With Venezuela Envoy Elliott Abrams Over Washington's Role in Latin America. Here's the History Behind Her Claims TIME Magazine. FEBRUARY 14, 2019.
- Twitter post 8 Jul 2019.
- Twitter post 9 Jan 2018.
- Twitter post 16 Jun 2019.
- Help Us, Cocaine Mitch. You’re Our Only Hope | The Michael Knowles Show Ep. 221 (September 21, 2018), YouTube.
- Twitter post 17 Dec 2018.
- Twitter post 14 Jul 2019.
- Twitter post 12 Aug 2017.