There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Cogito ergo sum|
Logic and rhetoric
Wrong direction is a logical fallacy that occurs when a cause is mistakenly considered an effect.
The fallacy is a fallacy of causation.
- reversing causation
- confusing cause and effect
- faulty causal direction
- Chanticleer the rooster crows loudly enough to bring the sun up.
- Cancer causes smoking.
- The street lights turning on causes the Sun to set.
- Winds are caused by waving trees.
- Kids that play a lot of video games are the most violent. Clearly, video games make children more violent.
- Not only is this an unrepresentative sample, but it's possible that violent children play video games because they are violent.
- Evolution causes mutation