There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Part of the series on|
Logic and rhetoric
DARVO is an acronym that stands for deny, attack, reverse victim and offender.
- Deny: Christians don't hate gays. Christians love everyone. We just want everyone to have the love of the Lord
- Attack: You only think otherwise because of the fake news pushed by the corrupt, atheist media that tries to slander Christians.
- Reverse victim: We need to stand up to the gay lobby pushing their agenda down our throats.
The term was coined by Jennifer Freyd in her 1997 "Violations of power, adaptive blindness, and betrayal trauma theory" to explain how perpetrators of unequivocally bad things (e.g., sexual assault) paint themselves as victims and their victims as the ones in power.
- What is DARVO?, Jennifer J. Freyd at the University of Oregon
- DARVO at Wiktionary
- DARVO at ChangingMinds.org
- DARVO on Twitter -- thousands of exampels
- Tagged DARVO at PyschopathResistance
- Freyd, J.J. (1997) Violations of power, adaptive blindness, and betrayal trauma theory. Feminism & Psychology, 7, 22-32.
- What is DARVO? by Jennifer J. Freyd