Truth Never Sleeps
|Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Efrain "Sonny" Cardona Jr., better known as Truth Never Sleeps (TNS), is a Christian Young Earth Creationist conspiracy theorist YouTuber. His activities focus on hyper-analyzing music videos, end times prophesying, and exposing people as Illuminati shills (including fellow conspiracy theorists The Vigilant Christian, A Call For An Uprising, and Alex Jones). It is unknown if his videos are a joke or intended seriously.
At its peak in February 2020, the original Truth Never Sleeps channel on YouTube had over 96,400 subscribers and 21 million views, before being suspended by YouTube. Cardona currently makes $54 per month from 14 patrons on Patreon. In August 2019, Cardona made $291.67 in donations on PayPal. Cardona's current channels have a much smaller viewership: 4,850 subscribers for the new Truth Never Sleeps, and 1,750 subscribers for the more active Trending Stream! channel.
2008–2014: The Extreme Society Show
Sonny Cardona began his career as a Christian conspiracy truther as part of a podcast called The Extreme Society Show. The podcast ran from 2008 to 2014, when Cardona and fellow hosts had a dispute. From 2008 to 2010, Cardona maintained the TruthFinder1GOD YouTube channel. Some of the content includes acting demos, a rap song with explicit lyrics, and several videos on conspiracy topics.
2014–2018: Growth on YouTube
Cardona rose to fame with his Truth Never Sleeps channel on YouTube. Some of his most popular videos included conspiracy theories on United States paper currency imagery, WWE events, and severe weather events.
2019–present: TikTok efforts
Cardona posted his first TikTok video on his @sonnycardona page on January 1, 2019. On May 18, 2023, Cardona began using a costume imitating Marshmello on his TikTok channel, and he imitates a cartoon character with his voice. As of July 16, 2023, Cardona has posted 134 TikTok videos, attained 220 followers and surpassed 2,000 likes. Among his TikTok videos, 14 have surpassed 1,000 views. Cardona mirrors most of his TikTok videos on YouTube.
On November 24, 2020, the Truth Never Sleeps channel on YouTube was permanently terminated. As of July 16, 2023, Cardona's other YouTube channels have been less successful: the @LifeChangerShow channel has 4,840 subscribers, while the @TrendingStream channel has 2,120 subscribers.
On March 18, 2019, Cardona revealed that of his 29 latest videos uploaded since February 15, 2019:
- 19 (65.5%) have a yellow monetization icon, meaning "not suitable for all advertisers" and with "limited or no ads."
- One of these ("DEMONIC GAME Momo CHALLENGE IS SHOWN during Peppa Pig video on YouTube!Kim Kardashian IS JUST AS BAD") is age-restricted.
- 2 (6.9%) have no monetization due to a Content ID claim.
- 8 (27.6%) have a green monetization icon, meaning that there are no issues.
On June 5, 2019, the same day that YouTube announced tougher policies regarding harassment and hate speech, the Truth Never Sleeps channel was fully demonetized. Another channel, The Show, was demonetized in 2020.
As of January 2023, Cardona is mainly focusing on his Trending Stream! channel, which has over 1.9K subscribers. Cardona's larger channel, TruthNeverSleeps Sonny Cardona, has over 4.85K subscribers and was last updated on October 9, 2022.
Inactive channels include:
- TruthNeverSleeps (96.4K subscribers, terminated)
- The Gimmick (1.36K subscribers)
- TruthFinder1GOD (473 subscribers)
- Vid Shorts (158 subscribers)
- TruthNeverStops (150 subscribers)
- TruthNeverSleeps Classics (86 subscribers, terminated)
- Sonny's Mega Mega Retro World! (38 subscribers)
- Truther Underground Club (18 subscribers)
- Funny Videos and Viral Vids (15 subscribers)
The original Truth Never Sleeps channel was suspended on March 1, 2018, restored in May 2018, and suspended again in November 24, 2020. Cardona's secondary channel, formerly known as The
Life Changer Sonny Cardona Super Trending Motivation Inspiration Daily Show, is now the new Truth Never Sleeps channel. It is unrelated to the original Motivation Inspiration channel by Murray Newlands, which features over 58K subscribers.
Instead of fancy animations or a theme song, Cardona subjects his viewers to an intro speech of about 30 seconds in every video. The latest speech typically goes like this:
- "Hi everybody! Welcome to the Truth Never Sleeps here on the Internet. Please, please, subscribe, as I expose the Satanic New World Order system like nobody else does on the World Wide Web, where I break things down and I definitely connect the dots. So, please, connect to me by subscribing, by clicking and hitting that bell to get the latest video notifications. In other words, whenever I make new videos, you'll be the very first ones to know. If you're not getting those notifications, just refresh this channel multiple times a week, if not daily. I come out with new videos all the time to keep everybody in the know. The information that I share here, they don't want you to know."
Occasionally, Cardona uses clickbait titles and thumbnails to fool viewers into thinking that he uploaded a TV broadcast on YouTube. In reality, his uploads are merely rants on how he believes that these broadcasts are satanic. (One exception is his Met Gala 2019 commentary, which features many time-delayed clips from NowThis, used without permission and under the guise of a live stream.) Predictably, many viewers thumb down these uploads. Examples include:
- "Rio Olympic 2016: Opening ceremony WoW must see!" (August 6, 2016)
- "Rio Olympics Closing Ceremony 2016 ended!" (August 22, 2016)
- "Khabib Nurmagomedov Vs Conor Mcgregor Full Fight 2018 HD | UFC 229 exposed!" (October 7, 2018)
- "Met Gala 2019 Red Carpet Arrivals — LIVE STREAM | NowThis REVIEW~ROYAL BABY!! (May 6, 2019)
Both the opening and closing ceremonies were uploaded by the IOC on September 25, 2016, giving Cardona plenty of time to fish for views. In the Rio 2016 closing ceremony rant, Cardona confused Vybz Kartel with Usain Bolt. For the UFC video in 2018, Cardona uses a thumbnail with official art, only adding the word "EXPOSED" in small print below the art's text. During his bootleg Met Gala 2019 stream, Cardona surpassed 1,000 viewers.
List of Satanic items according to Truth Never Sleeps
- This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.
Cardona has helpfully catalogued many people, places, and things as Illuminati projects. Several of these overlap with The Vigilant Christian's list. Here is a list of Satanic items according to Truth Never Sleeps:
- Apple Inc.
- Backstreet Boys
- Barack Obama
- Bebe Rexha
- Britney Spears
- Burger King
- Caitlyn Jenner (he calls her "Bruce Gender-Bender")
- Cardi B
- Céline Dion
- Champion clothing
- Condé Nast (Vogue, etc.)
- Cursive writing
- Dave Metz
- Desmond Napoles
- Drag queens
- Ellen DeGeneres (he calls her "Ellen Degenerate")
- Facebook (ironically)
- Face masks
- Fox Corporation
- George H. W. Bush
- George W. Bush
- Greta Thunberg
- Hard rock music
- Hillsong Church
- James Charles
- Jennifer Lopez (he calls her "J Ho")
- Jussie Smollett (he calls him "Smutlet")
- Justin Bieber
- Justin Trudeau
- Kathleen Wynne
- Kendall Jenner
- Kenneth Copeland
- Kim Kardashian
- LeBron James
- Libraries (pronounced "liberries")
- Michael Jackson
- Michelle Obama (he calls her "Michael")
- Movie theatres
- New Kids on the Block
- Nicki Minaj
- Nike (including Converse)
- Oprah Winfrey
- Paula White
- Pete Buttigieg (he calls him "Pete Butt")
- PewDiePie (he calls him "PutridPie or "PewKiePie")
- Sesame Street
- The Simpsons
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Star Wars
- Taco Bell
- Taylor Swift
- The CWF
- Tiffany & Co.
- Toronto Raptors
- Victoria's Secret
- Walt Disney
- Windows 3.1 to Windows 2000
- YouTube (ironically)
Cardona has three main criteria for classifying a Christian and/or truther as a shill:
- The channel has hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
- It is monetized via the YouTube Partner Program (YPP).
- Videos appear among the first YouTube search results.
Some of the channels that meet (or formerly met) Cardona's criteria, or some that simply frustrate him, include:
- A Call For An Uprising
- Al "Boopis" Jenkins
- EXS Radio
- The Dark Reindeer
- God's Son (YouTube channel)
- Johnny Anonymous
- "Reverend" Will Egan
- The Vigilant Christian
- The Vigilant One
It genuinely is easier to list things Cardona doesn't think are part of a massive conspiracy.
- Daily Mail
- Daily Wire
- Jack Chick
- Jack Van Impe
- Rodney Howard-Browne
- Vigilant Citizen
- , YouTube
- , Patreon
- go to truthneversleeps youtube by Sonny Cardona. (January 1, 2019) Accessed on July 16, 2023.
- Cardona Jr., Efrain (March 16, 2019). Putin signs shut up law to truthers!. Accessed July 22, 2023.
- Taking a harder look at harassment.
- Cardona Jr., Efrain (July 18, 2023). mattle [sic] barbie movie makes pink burgerking pepto burger!. Accessed July 19, 2023.
- Cardona Jr., Efrain (July 11, 2023). Elon Musk calls Mark Zuckerberg a what!!?!. Retrieved July 19, 2023.
- Cardona Jr., Efrain (December 11, 2019). Greta Thunberg, 16, is named Time's 2019 *YouTube is BANNING videos AGAIN!. Retrieved July 19, 2023.
- Cardona Jr., Efrain (September 17, 2019). YOUTUBE IS MAKING MY CHANNEL INVISIBLE!! TRUTHER CHRISTIANS CENSORSHIP IS HERE!!*TRUTHE CLUB!*. Retrieved July 19, 2023.
- Cardona Jr., Efrain (October 14, 2019) Japanese fast food ad VERY raunchy Ronald McDonald!. Retrieved July 19, 2023.
- Cardona Jr., Efrain (unknown date).Deleted video. (Dead link.)
- Cardona Jr., Efrain (October 10, 2019). Victoria's Secret first transgender!. Retrieved July 19, 2023.
Note that in this video, Cardona is actually referring to the second openly transgender woman to model for Victoria's Secret.