There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
2020 Republican Party presidential nomination
| A guide to|
|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
The 2020 Republican Party presidential nomination would have been an extremely uphill battle for any Republican challengers to Donald Trump, who remains extraordinarily popular among party members. To the shock of few if any observers, Trump easily crushed any prospective rivals in a largely uneventful primary, typical of incumbent presidents. On August 27, Trump was formally nominated for reelection at the Republican National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Donald J. Trump
Donald Trump is the incumbent for the Republicans, as a sitting first-term president. On 20 January, 2017, the day he was inaugurated, his presidential committee, Donald J. Trump For President, Inc., filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to start fundraising for the 2020 election. The first campaign ad from this committee was spotted on 1 May, 2017, 1282 days from election day for 2020. On 17 March, 2020, the Associated Press reported that Trump had acquired enough delegates to assure his nomination.
Background: 45th and incumbent President of the United States
, King of Israel and the second coming of God. Previously a real estate developer, frequent Chapter 11 recipient, socialite, get-rich-quick guru, Razzie Award-winning actor, game show host, and wrestling personality.
Mark Sanford announced his primary challenge on September 8th, 2019, on Fox News Sunday. On November 12th, 2019, Sanford announced he was ending his bid.
Joe Walsh announced his candidacy on 25 August, 2019. He dropped out of the primaries on 7 February 2020, declaring that the Republicans had devolved into a Trump cult and pledging to support whoever the Democratic nominee would be. 
- Essentially, everything that makes Trump terrible with the silver lining that he is not, as of writing, a criminal.
- Supports LGBT rights, is pro-choice, has increased Medicaid access as Governor, wants to cut taxes and spending, opposed minimum wage increases, wants to strengthen ties with Canada and Mexico, supports denuclearization, supports H1B work visas, and supports some form of legal status for undocumented immigrants.
- Abortion Laws Around the World. Pew Research Center. Religion and Public Life. September 30, 2009.
- Induced Abortion Worldwide. Guttmacher Institute. March 2018.
- In Europe, it is both easier and harder to get an abortion than in US. Christian Science Monitor. May 24, 2018.
- These are the countries where it's still illegal to get an abortion. World Economic Forum. May 28, 2018.
- Donald Trump's infrastructure priorities. Global Construction Review. January 30, 2017.
- Buildings Reinvented. The B1M. February 17, 2019.
Green New Deal
- Resolution on the Green New Deal by House Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. February 7, 2019. (Resolutions are legally non-binding.)
- On the circumstances, history, and key details of the Green New Deal. National Public Radio. February 7, 2019.
- Characteristics of minimum wage workers, 2017. Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States Department of Labor. March 2018.
- Top Issues for Voters: Healthcare, Economy, Immigration. Gallup News. November 2, 2018.
- Which countries are best at attracting high-skilled workers?. World Economic Forum in collaboration with the Visual Capitalist. March 20, 2019.
- Medicare for All: Can Bernie Sanders overhaul US healthcare?. BBC News. April 10, 2019.
- 7 Ways Rich People Avoid Paying Taxes. America Uncovered. April 15, 2019.
- Britnell, Mark. In Search of the Perfect Health System. Palgrave, 2015. ISBN 978-1-137-49661-4.
- Ferguson, Charles D. Nuclear Energy: What Everyone Needs to Know. Oxford University Press, 2011. ISBN 978-0-19975-945-3.
- Reid, T. R. The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care. Penguin Press, 2009. ISBN 978-1-594-20234-6.
- Spieler, Christof. Trains, Buses, People: An Opinionated Atlas of US Transit. Island Press, 2018. ISBN 978-1-61091-903-6.
- RNC picks Charlotte as 2020 GOP convention site CBS News. July 20th, 2018.
- Federal Election Commission. 20 January 2017. MISCELLANEOUS TEXT (FEC Form 99)
- Herbert, Geoff. Syracuse.com. 1 May, 2017. President Trump launches first campaign ad for 2020 election -- 1282 days away.
- Borenstein, Seth. Colvin, Jill. AP. 17 March, 2020. Trump clinches GOP nomination with Tuesday primary wins.
- Twitter post Aug 21, 2019
- Taylor, Jessica. NPR. 12 November 2019. Mark Sanford Ends His Primary Challenge Against President Trump.
- Orso, Anna. The Philadelphia Inquirer. 16 October 2019. Mark Sanford kicked off his presidential campaign against Donald Trump in Philly. One person showed up..
- Allyn, Bobby. Former Congressman And Talk Radio Host Joe Walsh Announces Trump Primary Challenge NPR. 25 August 2019.
- Twitter post Feb 7, 2020
- Korecki, Natasha. Joe Walsh to mount primary bid against 'absolutely unfit' Trump. Politico. 21 August 2019.
- Trump just got his first 2020 Republican challenger Vox. February 15th, 2019.
- What does William Weld believe? Where the candidate stands on 5 issues PBS NewsHour. February 15th, 2019.