- 1 Terms
- 1.1 Absolute Beginners
- 1.2 All women are like that
- 1.3 Alpha
- 1.4 Alpha fux beta bux
- 1.5 Alpha male of group
- 1.6 Alpha widow
- 1.7 Androphile
- 1.8 Anglosphere
- 1.9 Apex fallacy
- 1.10 Average frustrated chump
- 1.11 Bad boy
- 1.12 Becky
- 1.13 Beta
- 1.14 Beta uprising
- 1.15 Black pill
- 1.16 Blue pill
- 1.17 Branch swinging
- 1.18 Briffault's Law
- 1.19 Build a better beta
- 1.20 Carousel
- 1.21 Cel
- 1.22 Chad
- 1.23 Cocky and funny
- 1.24 Creep shaming
- 1.25 Cuckold
- 1.26 Dark triad
- 1.27 Display of higher value
- 1.28 Display of lower value
- 1.29 Divorce
- 1.30 Divorce rape
- 1.31 Double blue pill
- 1.32 Dread game
- 1.33 DTF
- 1.34 Egalitarian
- 1.35 Ephebophilia
- 1.36 Equalism
- 1.37 Ethnicel
- 1.38 False rape accusation
- 1.39 Femcel
- 1.40 Feminazi
- 1.41 Feminism
- 1.42 Femiservative
- 1.43 Femoid
- 1.44 Foreign women
- 1.45 Frame
- 1.46 Friendzone
- 1.47 Frivorce
- 1.48 Gamma
- 1.49 Game
- 1.50 Game denialism
- 1.51 Gaycel
- 1.52 'Gina tingles
- 1.53 Go fuck ten other women
- 1.54 Gun in the room
- 1.55 Hamster
- 1.56 Hard no
- 1.57 HB
- 1.58 Herbivore men
- 1.59 Heightcel
- 1.60 Hephebo
- 1.61 Hicel
- 1.62 Hypergamy
- 1.63 Inceldom
- 1.64 Incelospherian
- 1.65 "It's over."
- 1.66 Javier
- 1.67 Kakuhido
- 1.68 KHHV
- 1.69 Kino escalation
- 1.70 Korephile
- 1.71 Last minute resistance
- 1.72 Let's just be friends.
- 1.73 Looksism
- 1.74 Looks ladder
- 1.75 Love
- 1.76 Loveshy
- 1.77 Male/Female
- 1.78 Mancel
- 1.79 Mangina
- 1.80 Manosphere
- 1.81 Marcel
- 1.82 Marriage 2.0
- 1.83 Married Man Sex Life
- 1.84 Men's rights movement
- 1.85 Men Going Their Own Way
- 1.86 Misandry
- 1.87 Misandry bubble
- 1.88 Misogyny
- 1.89 Natural
- 1.90 Nearcel
- 1.91 Negging
- 1.92 Next
- 1.93 Nice guy
- 1.94 Noncel
- 1.95 Not all women are like that.
- 1.96 Omega
- 1.97 Omega rage
- 1.98 Oneitis
- 1.99 Orbiter
- 1.100 Paleomasculinism
- 1.101 Pedestal
- 1.102 Personalitism
- 1.103 Pick-up artist
- 1.104 Plate theory
- 1.105 Purple pill
- 1.106 Red pill
- 1.107 Red pill rage
- 1.108 Red pill women
- 1.109 Roastie
- 1.110 Save Yourself Black Men
- 1.111 Seduction
- 1.112 Sex
- 1.113 Sexual marketplace
- 1.114 Sexual market value
- 1.115 Sexbot
- 1.116 Shit testing
- 1.117 Simp
- 1.118 Slayer
- 1.119 Social justice warrior
- 1.120 Socio-sexual hierarchy
- 1.121 Soy
- 1.122 Stacy
- 1.123 Target
- 1.124 TFLers
- 1.125 Thirst
- 1.126 Token resistance
- 1.127 TradThot
- 1.128 Unicorn
- 1.129 Volcel
- 1.130 Wall
- 1.131 WB
- 1.132 Western women
- 1.133 White knight
- 1.134 Wittoldry
- 1.135 Wizard
- 1.136 Zeta
- 2 External links
- 3 See also
- 4 References
Absolute Beginners is a German community of volcels and incels that congregates on various German incelospherian communities to discuss inceldom. They sometimes abbreviate themselves as AB's. It is one of the largest communities in the incelosphere alongside r/ForeverAlone.
All women are like that
In direct opposition to not all women are like that, the assertion that all women are like that is an absolutist assertion that states females are hard-wired to respond to certain situations in a certain way; and that, more specifically, if given the opportunity, they will tend to behave as manipulative, abusive, sociopathic, destructive, drama-oriented liars. To the extent that women differ from one another, it is in how and to what extent (rather than whether) they manifest these traits when they are allowed to do so.
An alpha (or alpha male) is a high-status male who gets all the sex he desires, because his controlling and socially-dominant personality is so alluring to females; alternately, an alpha may refer to a male's tall and muscular body type that all females (without exception) are irresistibly attracted to. Alphas sit at the top of the sexual ladder, shitting down on loser betas and virgin omegas. Alphas are essentially marginally-less-assholish bad boys; their "restraint" makes sex even easier for them.
Any alpha who meets all these attributes and yet fails to find sex was never really an alpha at all.
Alpha fux beta bux
Alpha fux beta bux is a two-phase mating strategy in which a female spends her youth riding the carousel with the hot alphas before finally settling down with a boring but well-heeled beta (who, likely as not, will then get cuckolded and eventually be taken for everything he's got in a divorce settlement).
Alpha male of group
The alpha male of group (AMOG) is just that: the most alpha-y male in any group. Because sex is a zero-sum game in which one male's success is another male's inceldom, the AMOG's "success" (read: stealing your female) means the total failure of every other average frustrated chump. AMOGING is the act of becoming the alpha male.
An alpha widow is every female who has ever dated an alpha in the past, which means that her current beta male lover is merely a placeholder until she can get her next alpha fix. Much like those females riding the carousel, alpha widows aren't capable of genuine change and vacillate between blind attraction toward and cynical manipulation of their significant others.
Androphiles are males who pursue sexual relationships with other males, but reject effeminacy, camp, and other aspects of the "feminist-influenced" gay movement. They act like MRAs, but are attracted to males instead of females. The term was coined by The Spearhead's Jack Donovan, a self-described androphile.
Outside of the manosphere, androphile is a term describing any person who is attracted to men, including straight women, gay men, and anyone else who prefers men. It's a little outdated, but can be useful to describe the sexuality of trans or non-binary people.
The Anglosphere is the portion of the world where English is vernacular. (Roughly, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, Ireland, and the USA.) The Anglosphere is filled with Western women, corrupted by feminism. Some people within the manosphere have criticized the term "Anglosphere", because many places in the world (e.g. Western Europe in particular and the Western world in general) are filled with females who don't speak English natively — yet have been infected by feminism.
The apex fallacy is a logical fallacy pioneered by MRAs which proves that males aren't privileged in any way, because "privilege" (as proposed by feminists) is based solely on looking longfully at the gender disparity among those who lead society, rather than, say, other substantial statistical disparities between males and females such as the gender pay gap.
Average frustrated chump
A bad boy is an alpha who is an asshole to females, being keyed into the revelation that they will reward him with sex in spite of (or, as some would have it, because of) him being an asshole. Many manosphere sites support a false dichotomy between bad boys and nice guys. Females' perceived preference for bad boys is common among self-described betas, nice guys, loveshies and incels, who see this dynamic as the cause of their own sexual failures with females. Don't be surprised if they define bad boys' behavior with heavy doses of racism and misogyny.
A beta is a male who is somewhat inept in relationships with females and thus doesn't get "enough" sex, because he isn't
controlling confident enough to be an alpha, because he isn't assholish enough to be a bad boy, or maybe because he doesn't buy into all this pick-up artist shit at all. (At least they aren't omegas.)
The beta uprising is predicted to happen when betas and omegas become filled with omega rage and collectively commit acts of violence, thereby intimidating women into being less hypergamous and giving betas and nice guys a chance. So far, several men (most famously George Sodini, Elliot Rodger, and Christopher Harper-Mercer) have committed mass murder out of sexual frustration, but none of them have sparked a "beta uprising" — in fact, many of these incidents have galvanized support for feminism.
This is a series of pessimistic ideas most prominent in the incelosphere. It is basically a fatalistic version of the red pill with the ideas of biological determinism and hopelessness at its core. The idea surrounding it is that the PUA game is a scam and that bad boys do not attract females; instead, the most important factor is looks and physical traits. Taking the "black pill" is synonymous with coming to the realization that those who lack such traits will never be attractive to females, regardless of PUA techniques used, and should just give up.
A blue pill is a person who hasn't woken up to the fact that society discriminates against males, not females; to blue pill is to do the same. The term is a reference to The Matrix, in which taking the blue pill means remaining part of the sheeple by holding conventional views and believing nothing is wrong, while taking the red pill means waking up.
Branch swinging is the tendency of females to find their next romantic partner before officially breaking up with their current one ("don't let go of a branch until you've grabbed the next one").
Briffault's Law holds that "the female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place." The law was named after Robert Briffault, a British surgeon and social anthropologist (1874–1948). The term derives from a statement by Briffault:
“”he female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.
Outside the manosphere, this is regarded as a pseudo-law because Briffault himself did not state that it was a law, and because the statement is at best speculative, coming from Briffault's 1931 unreferenced book with only anecdotal evidence given. Since 1931, an enormous amount detailed and nuanced research on primate societies has been published (by Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, Birutė Galdikas, Alison Jolly and many others), leaving Briffault's book as little more than a dusty old tome.
Build a better beta
More extreme manospherians say that "lighter" red pill sites (such as MMSL or Hooking Up Smart) are trying to build a better beta: encouraging alpha traits, but not to the extent that they actually threaten a marriage or relationship. Go dark triad or go home!
- Also known as: Cock Carousel, Bad Boy Cock Carousel, Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel
The carousel is supposedly the period between the ages of roughly 18 and 30 in which a [[#|]]female has sex with as many alphas as possible, preferably in a hypergamous manner, after which they hit the Wall, panic, and attempt to marry a beta.
Cel or "-cel" is a suffix used (in combination) to explain the reason for one's "inceldom". The manosphere uses this term much more broadly than a dictionary would; it essentially refers to any significant period of time which a male has spent without sex. Types include:
Presumably, a guy who stayed celibate long enough could be termed a Duracel.
The man, the myth, the legend. Chad (or Chad Thundercock) is the archetypal alpha} bad boy; he and his girlfriend Stacy are perennial objects of the manosphere's envy and resentment. Some denizens of the manosphere, particularly in Reddit's red pill community, display a nigh-homoerotic obsession with the guy. No really, read their fanfictions. His African American counterpart is "Tyrone," because of course that's his name.
It's rather ironic that the manosphere and the subsequent alt-right chose someone with an apparent medical condition (mandibular prognathism) as their über-alpha figure. Mandibular prognathism in humans is sometimes associated with inbreeding. While prognatism is not known to be associated with reduced cranial capacity among humans, but it it is associated across species among hominims and other apes.
Cocky and funny
Creep shaming occurs when a female rejects and/or comments on unwanted sexual advances of a male in a way that shames him, sometimes (though not necessarily) by calling him a creep. Making a big deal about creep shaming distracts people from whatever the male did and, thus, whether or not it was indeed creepy. Interestingly, many who attack direct forms of rejection such as creep shaming also attack indirect forms such as friendzoning, suggesting the root problem is with the rejection itself.
A cuckold, or cuck, is a beta whose female has been knocked up by an alpha and who is forced to raise the result. This happens all the time (in reality, actual rates are 1-2% historically). Numerous manospherians, including Reddit's red pill community as well as the ever-charming Roissy, have described being cuckolded as the male equivalent of being raped — ignoring, of course, that men can and do get raped. The shortened form of cuck typically implies
racism a white beta being cuckolded by a black alpha, but has also become an all-purpose snarl word akin to "mangina." Within alt-right circles, cuck and the portmanteau cuckservative are snarl words for conservatives who aren't quite racist enough. Cuckservative was made famous in 2015 after Rush Limbaugh described critics of Donald Trump as "cuckolded Republicans", and allegedly used by Steve Bannon in reference to Jared Kushner. Someone who behaves in a cuckolded manner towards their own relatives is a wittold.
In psychology, the dark triad refers to the three personality traits of narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy; when one of the traits becomes extreme, it is referred to as a personality disorder. Emulating these disturbed traits is purported by manospherians to be the "secret" to the ultimate "chicks dig jerks"-mentality. To the denizens of the Manosphere, every woman is a hybristophile.
Display of higher value
Display of lower value
According to the manosphere, divorce is an inevitability in any marriage (at least if married to a feminist) and the means by which a female steals a male’s hard-earned bank assets, house, kids, and so on.
Divorce rape refers to the alleged harm inflicted upon a male after his wife (unjustly) ends their marriage. This term refers primarily to financial harm, such as the division of marital property, child support, and (commonly) maintenance. No MRA worth his fedora will ever admit that:
- Men typically do much better financially after a divorce as opposed to women (primarily because men continue to work and don't have as many costs, whereas women who don't start working suffer financial penalties),
- Comparing losing a bit of money to an actual sexual assault is a fucking terrible thing to do.
Double blue pill
Dread game is achieving greater emotional control over a relationship by threatening to end it or publicly violating its bounds. This is more commonly known as as relationship abuse by most people who aren't fucked in the head.
Someone is Down To Fuck when they're ready and willing to have sex. This one has usage outside of the manosphere.
Like equalism, egalitarian is a term frequently used when disdaining feminism, in phrases such as "if they really believed in equality they would call themselves egalitarian instead of feminist" and "I think the feminists and MRAs are both wrong: I'm an egalitarian".
Ephebophilia is the primary sexual interest in older teenagers (generally age 15-19). The word is, however, used frequently to refer to any sexual attraction to underage teens in general because, apparently, that makes it completely different from and totally not like pedophilia.
Many manospherians view attraction to teenage girls as a totally natural biotruth; in their eyes, age of consent laws are an affront to "healthy male sexuality" — since, after all, women hit the Wall soon after reaching adulthood anyway.
Technically speaking, attraction to adolescents (hebephilia and ephebophilia) is not the same as pedophilia (attraction to children that aren't yet adolescents). However, within the manosphere, the term "ephebophilia" is often used to justify statutory rape and sexual abuse and to avoid the stigma associated with "pedophilia", rather than because they do not possess attraction to minors.
Equalism is an
insurrectionist movement opposed to elemental bending implicit claim that feminists are not interested in true equality; "I'm not a feminist, I'm an equalist". It is used by people who subscribe to a variety of feminism that involves them not having to change their ways to any degree whatsoever, and not to even have to suffer uncomfortable thoughts. Any feminism beyond this is considered by the manosphere to be radical feminism or feminazism and perpetuated by social justice warriors.
An ethnicel is a non-white person, usually male, whose inceldom is caused by their 'inferior' skin colour. Also called blackcel, currycel, or ricecel in case of respectively black incels, and South and East Asian incels.
False rape accusation
A false rape accusation occurs when a female falsely claims that a male raped her. MRAs maintain that false rape accusations are extremely common, used by women for petty revenge, for money and attention, or to avoid looking like a slut after sex that was actually consensual. This is in reality a rare occurrence with an estimate of between 2-5% of rape accusations being false.
A femcel is a woman who believes she's experiencing inceldom (involuntary celibacy). In the incelosphere, femcels are a minority. The male version of "femcel" is mancel. The existence of femcels is rejected by some members of the incelosphere.
Feminazi is a self-explanatory snarl word for extreme feminists, popularised by Rush Limbaugh. The term is common among MRAs and very common in "red pill" circles, where it's used to describe feminists they don't like (which, in practice, means pretty much all feminists). Godwin's Law and its corollary apply.
The manosphere divides feminism into two categories:
- Historical feminism, the old-fashioned kind of feminism (pre-1990s for politically liberal MRAs, pre-1960s for conservatives) which pushed for equality between males and females. According to MRAs, gender equality has totally been achieved, so these feminists should just go the fuck away.
- "modern feminism" or feminazism, the current kind of feminism, in which females supposedly strip males of their rights by refusing to have sex with the ones who deserve it.
A femiservative is a conservative supposedly allied with the feminist movement. The term is often used in the context of pornography debates, in which both conservatives and many feminists argue for more restrictions.
An incel might refer to a woman or girl as a femoid, foid, or FHO, being a shortening of Female humanoid (Organism). The terms are commonly used at Incels.co. Like with many manosphere terms, this term may occasionally be appropriated by parodists, or people otherwise mocking the manosphere.
In the manosphere, foreign women are females who come from
stereotypes cultures which the manosphere thinks (very likely incorrectly) are untouched by feminism, and who therefore remain subservient to male demands pure and beautiful. Foreign women are highly sought after, and are contrasted with Western women. Some manosphere folks even claim that gay and asexual males aren't really that way — they just haven't experienced the magic of a foreign female yet. Right.
Frame is control of how another person (especially a female) perceives themselves. Frame is one of the ultimate alpha traits, and "always maintain frame!" is a common phrase from one would-be alpha male to another; in other words, "alphas" expect to be able to gaslight every person they ever meet, all the time.
A friendzone occurs when a male is friends (shudder) with a female without any sex, especially if the two were originally
femalefriend girlfriend and boyfriend. The idea of being friends with a female is apparently insufferable to many incels.
Of course, "we should just be friends" is usually a coded way for a female to tell a male that she doesn't want to date or have sex with him, whether or not she actually wants to be friends with him. Many who attack indirect forms of rejection such as friendzoning also attack more direct forms such as creep shaming, suggesting that their real problem is with rejection itself.
A gamma is another utterly needless category of men. Gammas are either a guy who "does not play the game" or a guy who is very introspective and weird depending on who you ask.
Game or gaming is the (rather sleazy) art of seduction peddled by pick-up artists. Game involves manipulatively applying various conversational (and often pseudopsychological) "techniques" which are intended to break down the resistance of the target female (no, really) in order to make her more vulnerable to otherwise unwanted sexual advances.
"The game" is slang used to refer to the pimping of prostitutes and to its methodology; this meaning of the term dates back to at least 1898.:345 It is likely to have been the origin of its usage within the manosphere.
A belief that game techniques are ineffective at sexually attracting women; or that they are just tricks for conning women into having sex, and won't lead to a meaningful relationship. According to Pick-up artists, "game denialism kills" because it leads men like Elliot Rodger to commit murder.
A gaycel is a homosexual who's experiencing inceldom (involuntary celibacy). Gaycels constitute a small minority of the incelosphere. Female gaycels sometimes call themselves "incelbians" or "lesbocels".
Go fuck ten other women
Go fuck ten other women is common advice from pick-up artists to get over oneitis and rejection. Why? Because having sex with ten females supposedly reminds a male that all females are the same, and therefore no singular female is worthy of a male's attention.
Gun in the room
A hamster, otherwise known as a rationalization hamster, is a
mythical creature manospherians invented to prevent females from having independent thought thought process that resides in females brains and "runs in its wheel" to create rationalizations or justifications for their (illogical/immoral/capricious/destructive/ slutty/hypergamous/misandristic) behaviors. It has become a meme, and indeed a counter-MRA meme (see image).
A hard no, coming from a female, is the kind of no that actually means no, as opposed to all the kinds that don't. See also "token resistance".
HB stands for "Hot Babe". This may be suffixed by their attractiveness rating, e.g. "HB10."
Herbivore men, also known as grass eaters, are a recent phenomenon in Japan of males eschewing social expectations to pursue relationships, marriage, or a family, concentrating instead on a single life. Men Going Their Own Way are obsessed with the herbivore men, whom they insist are part of their own movement, regardless of the differing social and cultural factors at play in Japan — even going so far as to speculate about why feminism has such a notable impact in Japan. In fact, the social pressures to marry in Japan (and many other cultures) are very un-feminist and apply to both genders, though males are somewhat better placed to defy these expectations.
A hicel is a "high-standards involuntary celibate" person. Supposedly, this means somebody with such high standards that no female can achieve them. How the celibacy is "involuntary" when it's the result of a person's "high standards", we may never know.
Hypergamy is the perceived tendency of females to date, have sex with, and/or marry males of a higher socioeconomic status than them, although it can also refer to a higher "sexual market value". This is also commonly called "gold-digging" in more overtly low-brow and less pseudo-intellectual parlance. According to many in the manosphere, hypergamy is instinctual, and it is A Bad Thing, responsible for inceldom among so many suffering, low-status men.
It's worth noting that "hypergamy" is an actual scientific term, used in sociology to classify relationships where the male or female member of the relationship is of higher status (pertaining to a relevant variable, like formal education or income). Of course, even a cursory examination of studies using the term reveals that such relationships are not particularly common, let alone inevitable as maintained by MRAs.
In contrast to what many members of the manosphere believe (especially MGTOWs), the rate of hypergamy in females has decreased significantly in the developed world This may be because of greater economic gender equality and because female hypogamy (dating males of lower social status) is less stigmatised.
“”The moment someone starts to identify as an incel, their celibacy becomes voluntary.
Inceldom is the state of being "incelibate" or "incel", abbreviations of "involuntarily celibate", which is someone (usually male) who claims their inceldom is caused by "bad" genes, society, females, white knights, feminists, bad boys, hypergamy, the black hole in the center of the galaxy, etc. The antonym of incel is volcel. While there are obviously many ordinary people who experience sexual rejection, most male incelospherians tend to be childless permavirgins who exhibit a bizarre defeatist and misogynistic worldview. For example, some mancels claim that it's "cruel" for females to have sex with some males while rejecting others, or to dress attractively while not being sexually available to every guy who's interested. In contrast, femcels often exhibit a misandristic worldview. In the manosphere, there are many different types of -cels — but the majority believes that there's no such thing as a femcel, because shut up, that's why. The banned subreddit /r/incels defined "incel" as "someone who has unintentionally gone at least six months without a romantic or sexual encounter, is at least 21 years old, and is of any gender". The incelosphere can be found on Reddit's r/Foreveralone, 4chan's r9k thread, and Discord. Alek Minassian, the man accused of murdering 10 people on Toronto, Canada in 2018, is a self-described incel. Elliot Rodger also self-identified as an incel.
An incelospherian, neoincel or cybercel is someone who frequents the incelosphere, an umbrella term for the network of websites and forums that fosters an online subculture for incels. There are many non-English incelospherian communities, such as the Japanese Kakuhido, the Italian Forum of Ugly and the German Absolute Beginners. The incelverse is a broader scope of the incelosphere that includes forums such as r/Foreveralone. The femcel equivalent of the incelosphere is sometimes called the femcelosphere.
Javier is an archetype for the sort of exotic Chad with whom white female tourists have sex, and possibly start a relationship, while vacationing in the Latin America, Europe, or other popular destinations. The name comes from Javier Bardem, the actor who played a Brazilian businessman in the 2010 film Eat, Pray, Love.
Kino escalation is a game technique in which a male follows up on verbal seduction by touching a female, without seeking her permission, followed by increasing the amount and intimacy of the touching.
(She won't notice it, honest!) "Kino" refers to kinaesthetics, the study of body motion and its perception.
A korephile is a lesbian hephebo. The male equivalent is a pederast, while the gender-neutral equivalent is called a hebephile or ephebophile. Alternative forms and spellings include corephile, corophile, cororast, corerast, kororast, korerast, coresexual, corosexual and korosexual.
Last minute resistance
Last minute resistance (LMR) is something that the chosen target of a pick-up artist says or does just before sex could occur, to indicate that no, she actually still doesn't want to have sex with him. Various game theories and techniques are devoted to overcoming this kind of last minute resistance and achieving something approximating consent so that the pick-up artist can carry on in the direction he's going.
Let's just be friends.
“”I never fucked a ten. Not once! But one night, I fucked five twos! That oughtta count for something.
The looks ladder is a measure of a person's physical attractiveness, with 10/10 (a.k.a., a dime piece) meaning very attractive and 1/10 meaning very unattractive. The resultant number is often used as a noun, sometimes numerator only (e.g. "last night I banged a 7"). The looks ladder shows not only a willingness to objectify both males and females, but also a lack of creativity. The manosphere generally assumes their ratings of almost anyone to be objective truth. See also socio-sexual hierarchy.
Love is a strange, mysterious, otherworldly concept that is completely alien to virtually everyone in the manosphere. Some are convinced that it is a made-up concept that witches use to entrap and trick males, while others don't even seem to understand what exactly the strange word even means; incels seem to think that it's all about looks, looks, looks rather than gasp who you are inside, and alphas are convinced that being an asshole and making clumsy attempts at seduction will cause females to magically fall for them.[citation NOT needed]
A Loveshy is a male with a purported social/psychological condition that renders them unable to pursue relationships or sex due to social anxiety, awkwardness and shyness. The concept has been popularised by — and is most heavily associated with — Love-shy.com. Essentially, Loveshies are an even more self-pitying variation on incels with some added self-diagnosis and pseudopsychology.
In the manosphere, male and female are often the preferred nomenclature for the sexes, as opposed to "man" and "woman", because the former terms better capture the sense that we're just animals driven by base instincts, and so demanding sex is purely natural. Often, males are "men" but females are "females"; for the sake of fairness, we've used both male and female here.
“”There's no need for sexist language. The term should be person-gina.
A mangina is any pro-feminist male, or any male who is seen as collaborating with the perceived matriarchy. The term implies that the man has revoked his status as a "real man". (Manginas are also total betas, too.) It is frequently used to attack any male who isn't stereotypically macho enough or doesn't share the MRA movement's hostility toward females. It may also be used by MRAs, MGTOWs, PUAs, and loveshys/incels to refer to men outside said movements who think that said movements are full of shit.
Marcel is a portmanteau of married/celibate. Marcel is somebody who is inceldom in marriage. There are two implications here: first, that married people are somehow trapped in marriage together, even if it is sexless; and, second, that married persons should not be celibate, because their spouse should comply with their sexual wishes.
Marriage 2.0 is a neologism referring to marriage in the age of no-fault divorce. The supposed sequence of events that leads to Marriage 2.0 is, that after years of acting bitchy and withholding sex, an evil American female decides she's "unhappy," and proceeds to kick her husband out of his own house, claim half of his worldly possessions, alienate him from his children, collect "free" money every month in the form of alimony and child support, and jump into the bed of someone with better hair and optional tattoos. For bonus points, said female will likely throw in a provably false accusation of domestic abuse or child molestation; most research shows that this is likely to backfire in real-world divorce or custody cases, to the point where many lawyers will tell a battered spouse to keep quiet in the interest of a faster or more equitable split.
Married Man Sex Life
Married Man Sex Life (MMSL) is series of self-published, self-help books and an accompanying website by self-described "relationship counselor" Athol Kay. The series is for monogamous couples only, and is very popular in the manosphere. Considerably less nasty and bombastic than most red pill literature, its central thesis differs from the latter in that the optimum marriage partner is a mixture of both alpha and beta traits, and if you're a marcel, it's because you aren't hitting the right balance. It is often used to put a false face on the community as a whole (who doesn't want a happy relationship?). As such, it is one of the prime vehicles for "converts" to the manosphere, and is heavily responsible for the influx of the manosphere's female element.
So Alpha Traits create attraction and that "in love" feeling, and Beta Traits create the pair bond and makes her feel relaxed enough to have sex. You need a balance of both Alpha and Beta in a marriage to maximize her desire to have sex with you.
Men's rights movement
The men's rights movement is a movement that pushes for the rights of males in Western society, which they perceive as discriminatory more against males than females. At the (mostly) benign end of the spectrum are equalist groups and individuals that have some valid points to make (for example, on issues such as disparities in divorce outcomes and child custody, mental health stigmas, or enforced military service for males in some countries). However, these groups often play host to males with disturbing views about feminism and females in general. The more prominent men's rights groups, including incel communities, MGTOW and "red pill" communities, are toxic dens of misogyny.
Men Going Their Own Way
- Abbreviations: MGTOW, MGHOW (Man Going His Own Way), MGTOWer
Although it may sound like the title of a gay porn film, Men Going Their Own Way are actually a subset of MRAs who react to the feminazism and female supremacy they imagine to be going on in society by boycotting females altogether. So instead of having girlfriends or wives, they just congregate online to complain about how females are all such bitches and brag about how easily they could get laid if they wanted to (yes, really). Unlike incels, their celibacy is voluntary, though some do not even necessarily abstain from sex or dating but merely "refuse to surrender their will to the social expectations of women and society" in their interactions. Most people who aren't MRAs (and even some moderate MRAs!) wish that MGTOW would STFU, GTFO and GTOW already.
Misandry is hatred of males, which most MRAs purport is a characteristic of every feminist, especially feminazis, all females who don't succumb to clumsy attempts at seduction, and Western women at large. They have a few small points in the differences in treatment, but they are still idiotic little babies who won't shut up about how it's "not fair", ultimately becoming like the SJWs and "feminazis" they purport to oppose.
The misandry bubble theory, first proposed in an article by a blogger called "The Futurist", posits that the current state of feminism and misandry will reverse itself by 2020. According to the article, the "misandry bubble" will "pop" due to four factors: men taking the red pill, the advent of sexual entertainment technologies (like virtual reality and sexbots), an exodus of men from the West to countries uncorrupted by feminism, and men going Galt. Even though a reversal of feminist advances is highly unlikely, and even though the majority of men don't particularly care about feminism or consider themselves oppressed, most denizens of the manosphere are unrealistically optimistic about the popping of the misandry bubble, reminiscent of many religious fundamentalists' confidence that the second coming is actually going to happen. Now little MRAs, simply wanting something to happen doesn't make it happen.
Misogyny is hatred of women, which nobody in the manosphere has. Nobody. If what someone in the manosphere says or does looks like misogyny, sounds like misogyny, and feels exactly like misogyny, then it's clearly not misogyny.
A natural is a male who can engage in casual sex or satisfying relationships with females without adopting a shitload of misogynistic concepts and evo psych woo. In the manosphere, the term is used as a snarl word to invalidate these males' experience, as it isn't "natural" for the majority of beta males. People outside of the manosphere routinely refer to naturals as "functioning adults who possess a basic level of human decency towards the opposite sex".
Negging is an ubiquitous "game" technique in which the pick-up artist entices his target by treating her like shit. Because that's what females want, right? While this may sound an awful lot like shit testing, it's completely different. Honest.
In the manosphere, next is used as a verb (awkwardly, although not as awkward as using "Shatner" as a verb), implying rejection in either a sexual or relationship sense. Often used out of passive-aggressiveness or spite, and fitting in with the MRA/PUA notion that power lies in the ability to reject someone.
A nice guy is somebody who is not mean to females, contrasting with bad boys. "I'm a nice guy — how come girls don't want to sleep with me?" is a familiar lament among frustrated and entitled incels and MRAs and the phrase nice guy is most often used as a pejorative for males who play this card. The problem here is that the guy usually isn't as "nice" as he thinks he is, and this delusion can mask anything from token shows of chivalry in the hope of sexual favours to more overtly stalkerish and passive-aggressive behaviour toward females.
Even Isla Vista killer Elliot Rodger described himself as "the perfect guy" and "the supreme gentlemen," all the while referring to all females as "sluts," shortly before embarking on his violent rampage.
- Also known as: normie
Not all women are like that.
"Not all women are like that." is a common and reasonable response to manospheric (especially MGTOW) claims that all women are evil male-hating bitches. Misogynists hear this so often that they abbreviate it to NAWALT to dismiss any criticism of this kind, as if this refutes it. In fact, the counter-assertion that, yes, all women are like that has become a common manosphere buzzword in itself.
Ironically, "not all men are like that" or "not all MRAs are like that" have become common defences within the MRA community when faced with severe criticism, especially in the aftermath of the misogyny-inspired Isla Vista massacre of May 2014. This in turn prompted the "#YesAllWomen" social media hashtag used by females to share experiences of sexism and sexual victimisation.
"Omega" is occasionally used as a term of pride by PUAs to glorify their technique. According to these males, they are not "alphas" because they are not heavily muscled jocks, but they can nevertheless get sex from females through their game techniques. That is to say, their game supposedly transcends their alleged physical unattractiveness. Of course, a more likely explanation of this phenomenon is that, contrary to manospheric beliefs, different females are attracted to different types of males.
- Also known as: incel rage
Omega rage is a purported state of mind reached by omegas in which their lack of sexual prospects leads to violent sexual, suicidal, or homicidal behavior. The most horrific example in recent memory would be the 2014 Isla Vista killings. Manospherians will often use this as a jumping-off point to advertise their ideology, going as far as to state "Game can save lives." More than most game ideology, this heavily reinforces the argumentum ad baculum at the heart of it all; women are expected to provide sex not because they want to or feel attracted to the person, but because of the possible consequences of saying "no."
Oneitis occurs when a male falls in love with a singular female, but said female does not love said male. Because pick-up artists oppose romance/monogamy/marriage and support having as much sex as possible because "all women are the same anyway", the prescribed treatment for oneitis is to go fuck ten other women.
An orbiter is a male who has entered the friendzone but somehow continues to like his female friend despite the fact that they don't want sex. According to the manosphere, sexual relationships are the only valid relationships that heterosexual men can and should have with women.
Paleomasculinism views male domination and female submission as part of the natural order of things, and is a view that is held by many red pill adherents. Paleomasculinism as a movement seeks to distance itself from the men's rights movement and PUAs/gamers. See appeal to nature and biological determinism.
Plate theory is the idea, promoted by PUAs, that males should date as many females as possible at the same time (i.e., "keep the plates spinning") to maximize their chances of success. Some PUAs have rejected plate theory.
It is not to be confused with consensual polyamory, which is practiced mostly by non-PUAs, and in which all parties are aware of what is going on. PUAs who spin plates don’t usually tell their dates what they’re doing.
Purple pill or purplepill is a term used in the manosphere to describe individuals who are neutral with regards to the gender wars. The purplepill movement tends to sit on the fence, being neither on the blue-pilled side, nor the red-pilled side. It could also refers to either:
- Being aware of red pill philosophy but still holding out hope that blue pill-based solutions can work; or
- The getting-together of red and blue pillers for debate.
Purple pillers are quite literally frowned upon in the manosphere for not literally slapping, spitting on and choking their dates at the end of the evening.
A red pill is a person who is purported to have woken up to the fact that society discriminates against men, not women; to red pill is to do the same. The term is a reference to the film The Matrix (1999) in which taking the blue pill means remaining the part of the sheeple and thinking nothing is wrong. The term is used among the more militantly misogynistic and conspiracy theorist manosphere groups.
The concept of "red pilling" is also applied in other contexts where there is believed to be some important "truth" (i.e., a conspiracy theory) that the sheeple are oblivious to (e.g. "red pill me on 9/11"). It has been co-opted by flat Earthers, particularly on Daily Plane.
This term is also frequently used by proponents of "race realism", who coincidentally wish for a more traditional way of life. In most cases, this requires thinking that feminism and multiculturalism is the new status quo, and it's the traditional values that are subversive. That way, you can act like a bigot and still feel like you're speaking truth to power.
The earliest known usage of "red pill" for "right-wing enlightenment" is by neoreactionary "Mencius Moldbug" (Curtis Yarvin) in April 2007. The first use found in relation to pickup artistry was in September 2007; it gained currency with pickup artists in 2009 and 2010.
It is particularly hilarious that organised misogynists and reactionaries have wholeheartedly embraced a term from a movie, written and directed by two transgender women, in which a African American male and a strong, white female convince a 'white' male (played by multi-ethnic Keanu Reeves) to fight subjugation.
Red pill rage
Red pill women
Red pill women is a term for female bloggers who generally agree with manosphere philosophy and link to manosphere sites, and an interesting snapshot of internalized misogyny and power politics. Many tend to be religious wingnuts from groups with a focus on "male headship", and/or willing to take desperate measures to fix an unhappy relationship. Male manosphere types tend to alternate between holding them up as shining examples of someone who "gets it", or using them as proxy targets in their fight against women. For example, a prominent female blogger in the sphere will be heavily reposted to show the community doesn't hate women and in fact welcomes them, then castigated for "stealing the spotlight" from equally talented male bloggers. Many tend to post (either of their own volition, or from not wanting to be seen as "frigid") explicit sexaual content, with a heavy emphasis on "domestic discipline"; they are then accused of exploiting their sexual power over men for page hits.
Save Yourself Black Men
Save Yourself Black Men, also known as SYSBM, is a phrase used within the African American sector of the Manosphere. According to blogger Babatunde Umanah, it tells black men to save themselves from "the pile of ashes and rubble that is currently called the black community as well as the malevolent black females responsible for putting the same community into the toilet." Proponents advocate that "thinking black men" pursue non-black women of quality called "stargates". They seek to build families and produce successful children. The group refers to black women as "scraggle daggles", and tells black men that finding one who is feminine and submissive is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Seduction is a term used by pick-up artists, presumably in an attempt to make their sleazy activities sound sophisticated and, well, seductive. Successful PUAs have achieved the dictionary definition of seduction without any of the romantic connotations.
Sex is the supermassive black hole located at the center of the manosphere galaxy, around which virtually everything in the mind of an alpha male or incel revolves — and this analogy is fitting because virtually all males who call themselves alphas believe that females should not be allowed to escape, opt out of, or even resist it — because you know, a male getting sex whenever it pleases him is a human right, and a witch uttering the dreaded curse "No thanks, I just want to sleep tonight." (oh, the humanity!) is a violation of the laws of gravitation, which state that not even light is allowed to escape from the black hole of sex.
The sexual marketplace (SMP) is the market on which everyone flaunts their sexual goods. If it sounds weird, that's because it is.
Sexual market value
A sexbot is just what it sounds like:
something that totally isn't going to rise up and kill all of us an anthropomorphic robot made for people to have sex with. Many manospherians predict an oncoming "sexbot revolution," which will pop the misandry bubble by ending inceldom and allowing men to go their own way, but these predictions fail to take into account the fact that most men have no need for sexbots, as they're not incels or raging misogynists. Admittedly, such robots could exist eventually and might help people who have serious trouble with relationships, but even then it's likely they will be too expensive for most manospherians to even come close to affording.
Shit testing is the vile female practice of showing disrespect to a male to test whether he has any backbone by seeing how he reacts. This is of course completely different to negging. The term originated in the pick-up artist subculture.
A simp, short for sucker idolizing mediocre pussy, is a male beta who is particularly self-degrading in the pure hopes that the female he's effacing himself for will have sex with him. In its original form, it may be comparable to the way that white knight is used by manosphere dwellers. Denizens of the manosphere have expanded the term far beyond its original use, and it is now comfortably used to describe any male who expresses any sort of kindness toward a female.
Social justice warrior
A social justice warrior (SJW) is anyone who supports feminism, attacks racism, is generally not an asshole, etc. In the manosphere, the term is always used pejoratively and attempts to end discussion through humiliation and otherization. This is despite the fact that, by their own standards, MRAs would qualify as social justice warriors. After all, they claim to be persecuted by society, and they use this claim of oppression to justify their own bigotry and categorical, sweeping dislike of a given group. Really, if the genders were reversed, they'd be no different than those they despise.
In a nutshell, the socio-sexual hierarchy is "all that alpha-beta-omega stuff". Several bloggers have attempted to expand further, with the most ridiculous coming from Vox Day. This adds "gamma" and "delta" males that are essentially lower versions of "beta", "lambda" males (homosexuals), and "sigma" males (super-alpha white nationalist sci-fi hacks) Day's hierarchy hasn't gained a lot of traction in the manosphere, and has been lampooned by other manosphere bloggers. See also Looks ladder.
Soy (as in the bean) has become an all-encompassing snarl-word to indicate any perceived trait, characteristic or behavior not adequately manly and right-wing. Soy Boy (or Soyboi) is an individual with that lack of traits. The soy meme has its roots in a conspiracy theory, promoted by the online bodybuilding community since the days of Usenet newsgroups in the 1980s or 1990s, and more recently popularized by Paul Joseph Watson. The conspiracy theory is that consuming soy products lowers testosterone, and this is being used by Them to make the populace more docile and easy to control. Soy boy has supplanted cuck in many parts of the Manosphere.
A target is a female whom a pick-up artist has set his sights on. Normal people instead call her a victim.
TFLers (True Forced Loners) are the vlogging subset of the incelosphere. These are incelospherians of the TFL (True Forced Loneliness) community who sometimes call themselves TFLhearts, (True Forced Lonelihearts). This incelospherian community was founded in 2008 by an 'incelibate' called William Greathouse with the YouTube channel bill1224601. Their website, trueforcedloneliness.com which is now defunct, permitted both mancels and femcels to join, as well as gaycels and lesbocels.
When a female makes comments like "No", "I don't want to have sex", or "We're not going to have sex" that don't line up with supposed other behavior that indicates that really, she did want to have sex. See also "hard no".
TradThot for traditional THOT (acyronym for "That Ho Over There"). TradThot is a term Roosh V coined in December 2017 to describe attention-seeking women on social media who market themselves as "traditionalist conservatives" to gain the attention of horny, right-wing basement dwellers. Examples of TradThots include Lauren Southern, Brittany Pettibone, Rebecca Hargraves, June LaPorta, Ashton Whitty, and Tara McCarthy. Not long after the Manosphere began rallying against the scourge of the TradThot temptation, they began complaining about their poor reception.
Females hit the Wall when they get really old, like 25 or so, suddenly become totally gross, have a precipitous drop in sexual market value, get flung off of the cock carousel, and have to either marry a boring beta or resign themselves to lonely spinsterdom.
This is a thing that totally happens in reality. As a "fun" side note, in Japan, a female who has hit the Wall is known as a "Christmas cake", because supposedly no one wants it after the 25th.
WB stands for "Would Bang".
Western women (WW, Ameriskanks) are those females who have been touched by the evil corruption of feminism and don't wish to have sex with males on demand. Western women primarily come from the Anglosphere and are contrasted with foreign women.
A white knight is a male who defends a female in an argument. Using this term likens any male defending a female to a knight rescuing a damsel in distress, which apparently always degrades the female as being unable to defend herself (never mind that women who can and do defend themselves get called other things). Furthermore, white knights apparently only defend females in the hope of getting sex from said females. White knights may also be accused of being blue pills, betas, manginas, etc. The term is always derogatory and is intended to end discussion through humiliation or embarrassment.
Women on the internet can also get mistakenly accused of being a white knight, which doesn't lend any additional credence to this accusation, though it is amusing for the woman to be called a white knight while it is extra pathetic for the accuser.
Wittoldry is the act of behaving in a cuckolded manner towards one's family. The male equivalent, a wittold, is someone who invites his horny male friends over to his house and endorses them banging his sister. The female equivalent, a wittoldatrix, a wittoldress, or wittoldette, is a woman who endorses or encourages her female friends to copulate with her brother.
- Manosphere glossary from /r/TheRedPill on Reddit
- Manosphere glossary, from BeijaFlor, a MGTOWer
- Satirical glossary from /r/TheBluePill on Reddit
- Manosphere glossary from We Hunted The Mammoth
- Alt-right glossary
- Feminist glossary
- Transgender glossary
- Fun:Cuck-o-tron 3000
- Der Terror des kleinen Mannes by Franziska Holzfurtner (6. Mai 2018) Salonkolumnisten.
- Men want sex and move on… "All men are pigs, they’re all the same!" Women sleep with multiple dudes for money, free dates and attention… "not all women are like that!" by @Z3ta_Male (9:20 AM · Apr 15, 2020) Twitter (archived from 16 Apr 2020 21:00:18 UTC).
- The Difference between the Badboy and the Real Alpha male (2012) Traits of the Alpha Male (archived from March 16, 2016).
- Alpha male Love-Shy Wiki (archied from October 20, 2011). "An alpha male is a male at the top of the dating heap, carried over by analogy from wolf hierarchies."
- Perpetual Outrage Machine by r/TheBluePill (2013). Satirical glossary from Reddit (archived from December 2, 2018).
- Woman Admits To "Alpha Fux, Beta Bux" Dating Strategy by CH (March 13, 2013) Chateau Heartiste (archived from March 30, 2013).
- AMOG Urban Dictionary.
- AMOG - 'Alpha Male of the Group' The Alpha Lounge (archived from July 15, 2019). "Be the alpha male of your group and win the attention [sic] the ladies"
- What is an "Alpha widow," and why does it matter? (c. 2015) Reddit (archived from November 19, 2019).
- Blueprint for an Alpha Widow by Rollo Tomassi (August 16, 2012) The Rational Male (archived from Agust 2, 2019). "…with the first person emotional investment, women will routinely return to a former lover if his Alpha impact was sufficient enough. Even when a woman cannot physically return to that Alpha-defined relationship, she will return emotionally." Bonus: "Hers is the predictable reflex with which women feel the need to associate with themselves when confronted with (even hypothetically) another woman's behaviors reflecting badly upon the feminine as a whole."
- Old Flame, New Game by Rollo Tomassi (November 23, 2011) The Rational Male (archived from May 10, 2019).
- Ghosts of the Alpha Widow by Vox Day (September 8, 2014) Alpha Game (archived from February 20, 2018).
- Androphilia by Jack Donovan
- Androphilia: A Manifesto, Rejecting the Gay Identity, Reclaeiming Masculinity by Jack Malebranche [Jack Donovan] (2006) Scapegoat Publishing. ISBN 0976403587.
- WTF is a MGTOW? A Glossary We Hunted The Mammoth.
- Average Frustrated Chump (September 13, 2011) The Rational Male (archived from April 3, 2018).
- Average Frustrated Chump (AFC) by alphawolf (November 20, 2008) PUA Lingo (archived from June 11, 2019).
- Average Frustrated Chump (2016) Puamore (archived from July 15, 2019).
- AFC Urban Dictionary.
- Bad boy Love-Shy Wiki (archived from Octboer 25, 2011). For full hilarity.
- Incels Categorize Women by Personal Style and Attractiveness: There are "Stacys" and there are "Beckys." by Rebecca Jennings (Apr 28, 2018, 9:00am EDT) Vox.
- Stop using the term "beta male" to mean "wimp" by Noah Smith (February 19, 2014) Noahopinion.
- See the Wikipedia article on YesAllWomen.
- Why The "Black Pill"? (c. 2012) The Black Pill (archived from 28 Jul 2016 09:46:24 UTC).
- Conspiracy Theorists Want To Put You In A Concentration Camp by The Man In The Orbital Castle (December 13, 2015) Freedom From The Gynocracy (archived from December 9, 2019).
- Swallowing the Red Pill: A journey to the heart of modern misogyny by Stephen Marche (Apr. 14, 2016) The Guardian.
- The Mothers: The Matriarcal Theory of Social Origins by Robert Briffault (1931) The Macmillan Company.
- See the Wikipedia article on Robert Briffault § Pseudo-Briffault's law.
- Build a Better Beta by Rollo Tomassi (December 5, 2011) The Rational Male (archived from January 22, 2020).
- Manosphere Myths: The Cock Carousel by Aaron Sleazy (March 11, 2013) Men, Women, and Society (archived from February 28, 2019). Sleazy is a self-identified 'seducer'.
- Chad Thundercock Know Your Meme.
- Yes Chad Know Your Meme.
- Chad Incels Wiki (archived from December 10, 2019).
- GigaChad Know Your Meme.
- Who is Chad Thundercock?: A TRP Introspective by Red Pill Theory (October 4, 2015) Reddit (archived from 12 Mar 2016 19:28:42 UTC).
- What Would Chad Do? (TM) by Red Pill Theory (July 12, 2015) Reddit (archived from 12 Mar 2016 19:28:42 UTC).
- Chad is not a Red Piller by Red Pill Theory (August 29, 2015) Reddit (archived from 12 Mar 2016 19:28:46 UTC).
- Three Long Overdue Red Pill Reality Checks by The Red Pill (2015-09-16) rebrn (archived from June 14, 2006).
- Chad Thundercock succeeds at online dating. by Red Pill Theory (June 8, 2015) Reddit (archived from 12 Mar 2016 19:28:48 UTC).
- Gigachad Incel Wiki (archived from December 9, 2019).
- GigaChad - Pepe GigaChad Know Your Meme (archived from 19 Apr 2020 18:57:47 UTC).
- "Is the 'Habsburg jaw' related to inbreeding?"] by Román Villas et al. (2019) Annals of Human Biology 46(7-8):553-561. doi:10.1080/03014460.2019.1687752.
- Inbreeding Caused the Distinctive 'Habsburg Jaw' of 17th Century Royals That Ruled Europe by Yasemin Saplakoglu (2019) Live Science.
- "Relationships between cranial capacity and prognathism in Plio-pleistocene hominids" by Francis Thackeray & B.D. Monteith (1997) South African Journal of Science 93(6):289-291.
- Ape vs. Hominin Skulls Pathwayz.
- Cuckolded Fathers Rare in Human Populations by M. H. D. Larmuseau et al. Trends in Ecology & Evolution Volume 31, Issue 5, p. 327–329, May 2016. doi:10.1016/j.tree.2016.03.004.
- "Stop misusing the word cuckold. Its[sic a useful powerful word. Its[sic] the male equivalent of rape."] by Derbi50 (c. January 2016) Reddit (archived from 9 Mar 2016 04:47:52 UTC).
- Cuckoldry Vs. Butt Rape by Heartiste (December 3, 2009) Chateau Heartiste (archived from September 22, 2012).
- Female Rapists by Heartiste (August 28, 2007) Chateau Heartiste (archived from October 5, 2012).
- What is a Cuckservative? by Gregory Hood (24 July 2015) American Renaissance.
- Remember, if you hear the term "cuckservative," it is a slur against Christian voters coined by white-supremacists. by Erick Erickson (7:49 AM - 23 Jul 2015) Twitter (archived from 23 Jul 2015 15:19:35 UTC).
- Trump Was Supposed to Be Gone by Now (July 22, 2015) The Rush Limbaugh Show, transcript (archived from June 25, 2015).
- Steve Bannon's 'total cuck move,' explained by Lindsey Bever (April 7, 2017 at 8:35 a.m. PDT) The Washington Post.
- Roger Stoned and Swinging by Susan Block (January 31, 2019) CounterPunch.
- An atlas of personality, emotion and behaviour by Anthony E. D. Mobbs (2020) PLoS ONE. 15(1):e0227877. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0227877.
- Why Are Men With Dark Triad Personalities So Irresistible To Women? by CH (December 3, 2009) Chateau Heartiste (archived from October 12, 2013).
- Understanding the Dark Triad (November 17, 2013) Illimitable Men (archived from March 27, 2014).
- Men become richer after divorce: Male incomes rise by a third after a split, while women are worse off and can struggle for years by Amelia Hill (24 Jan 2009 19.01 EST) The Guardian.
- "The double blue pill can be an insidious weapon of reaction by Douglas Heppner (February 13, 2015) Return of the Kings (archived from March 21, 2015).
- Dread Games by Rollo Tomassi (March 27, 2012) The Rational Male (archived from December 8, 2013).
- Equalists Avatar Wiki.
- Feminism Does Not Pay (EWM Meme Image) by theantifeminist (May 9, 2014) Anti-Feminist Theory of Men's Rights, Male Sexuality, Feminism (archived from May 16, 2014).
- False Allegations of Sexual Assualt[sic: An Analysis of Ten Years of Reported Cases] by David Lisak et al. (2010) Symposium on False Allegations of Rape. Violence Against Women 16(12):1318–1334. doi:10.1177/1077801210387747.
- Feminazi: the go-to term for trolls out to silence women: Last week, a young female barrister was called a 'feminazi' after complaining about a sexist message sent via LinkedIn. How did this clunky bit of wordplay become so widespread – and could it ever be reclaimed? by Zoe Williams (15 Sep 2015 13.45 EDT; Last modified on Sat 25 Nov 2017 01.48 EST) The Guardian.
- Scarecrow's 'Honest Feminist' Meme (July 15, 2014) Anti-Feminist Theory of Men's Rights, Male Sexuality, Feminism (archived from July 22, 2014).
- [Experiment] Would you commit to defective femoid? (Dec 21, 2019) Incels.co (archived from 19 Apr 2020 07:27:56 UTC).
- [Discussion] Is getting played by a foid a fakecel trait? (April 17, 2020) Incels.co (archived from 19 Apr 2020 07:29:30 UTC).
- daily reminder if a FHO does not satisfy your sexual needs she does not exist (Nov 27, 2017) Incels.co (archived from 19 Apr 2020 07:32:08 UTC).
- The Battle To Maintain Frame Control by Quintus Curtius (February 24th, 2014) Return of Kings (archived from March 2, 2014).
- Trafficking Terms Shared Hope International.
- The Oxford English Dictionary. Volume VI: Follow—Haswed by J. A. Simpson & E. S. C. Weiner (1989) Clarendon Press. 2nd edition. ISBN 0198612184.
- Sleazy pick-up artists are thriving – and they’re exploiting men’s insecurities over #MeToo to do it by Harriet Hall (8 October 2019 17:30) The Independent.
- What It's Like to Be Hit on By a Pick-Up Artist by Gabby Bess (Jan 19 2018, 2:32pm) Vice.
- Pickup artists argue that "Game" is the solution to Elliot Rodger-style rampages. Here’s why they’re wrong. (May 24, 2014) We Hunted the Mammoth.
- 'Gina tingles by jagrmeister (March 25, 2014, 9:20 PM) Going Your Own Way (archived from February 16, 2019). "Women are strictly unable to use their rationality to curb their subconscious instincts and therefore 'gina tingles function like a drug in a female's system — one who's[sic] effect she cannot properly control."
- Urban Dictionary's definition of FTOW
- Urban Dictionary's definition of GFTOW
- Kyo's Model of the Female Psychosi: The Rationalization Hamster (archived from July 21, 2017).
- The rationalization hamster, or "Matria Toxicanus" by Kimski (July 18, 2014) A Voice for Men (archived from February 7, 2017).
- rationalization hamster by rampaging teddybear of wub (June 05, 2012) Urban Dictionary.
- Rationalization Hamster by Sam Vincente (27 June 2012) Sam Vincente Unblogged (archived from 5 Sep 2015 23:57:24 UTC).
- Rationalization Hamster Quick Meme (archived from June 9, 2019).
- Reddit MRA upvote brigade to the rescue! Or, the Battle of the Urban Dictionary Atheism+ Definition (October 16, 2012) We Hunted the Mammoth.
- "Japan's 'herbivore’ problem… likely our future" by Erudite Knight (February 5, 2013) Wordpress (archived from September 14, 2016).
- Hicel Love-Shy (archived from March 14, 2013).
- Shift in marriage patterns 'has effect on inequality': Study shows class 'has tightened its grip' on UK by Tracy McVeigh (7 Apr 2012 19.08 EDT) The Guardian.
- Incels – Subcultures and Sociology by Ross Haenfler's Deviance and Youth Subcultures course, Grinnell College.
- Inside the online world of 'incels,' the dark corner of the Internet linked to the Toronto suspect by Abby Ohlheiser (April 25, 2018 at 7:50 PM) The Washington Post.
- Elliot Rodger's links to the Men's Rights Activist movement: A Survey of Elliot Rodger's subscribed YouTube channels reveals disturbing links to misogynistic groups and "pick-up artists" who trick women into having sex. (May 26, 20145:25pm) news.com.au
- Japanese misanthropes march against 'passion capitalism' of Valentine's Day: The Revolutionary Alliance of Men whom Women Find Unattractive will take to the streets on Saturday to critique the day’s brazen commercialism in Japan by Justin McCurry (12 Feb 2015 05.15 EST) The Guardian.
- Kino Escalation by alphawolf December 26, 2008) PUA Lingo (archived from July 8, 2019).
- Last Minute Resistance by by Rollo Tomassi (October 27, 2014) The Rational Male (archived from June 15, 2019).
- Looksism Love-Shy (archived from October 25, 2011).
- Looks ladder Love-Shy (archived from October 25, 2011).
- Talk:Mangina: Come on now by Bicycle Wheel (21:05, 17 December 2015 UTC) RationalWiki.
- Marcel Love-Shy (archived from March 14, 2013).
- The Married Man Sex Life Primer 2011 by Athol Kay (2011) Createspace. ISBN 1460981731.
- Married Man Sex Life (archived from April 14, 2020).
- The Misandry Bubble (January 01, 2010) The Futurist (archived from 22 Aug 2015 16:38:45 UTC).
- Nearcel Love-Shy (archived from March 14, 2013).
- Pickup Artist xkcd.
- The Supreme Gentlemen Killer: The True Story Of An Incel Mass Murderer by Brian Whitney (2020) WildBlue Press. ISBN 1948239698.
- Not All Misogynists Are Like That (May 5, 2012) We Hunted the Mammoth.
- Game Can Save Lives by Heartiste (August 5, 2009) Chateau Heartiste (archived from August 5, 2011).
- We Come Not to Praise the Men’s Rights Movement, But to Bury It by Matt Forney (September 10, 2012) Matt Forney (archived from 8 Mar 2015 18:25:10 UTC). Forney is a Paleomasculinist.
- Pedestalizing Love-Shy (archived from October 25, 2011).
- Personalitism Love-Shy (archived from October 25, 2011).
- Plate Theory by Rollo Tomassi (August 19, 2011) The Rational Male (archived from April 27, 2013).
- do you keep spinning plates when you find a chick you like? by captain55 (07-22-2015, 03:41 PM) So Suave (archived from September 12, 2015).
- Can spinning plates or even LTR provide a lasting kind of satisfaction? by The Red Pill (c. 2014) Reddit (archived from November 19, 2016).
- How the game is screwing you: 3 ways pick-up art is hurting men by Shane Sorensen (Jul 10, 2015) Make Your Best Self (archived from February 19, 2019).
- Weekly Community Chat Megathread (05 January 2020) by PurplePillDebate (January 5, 2020) Reddit (archived from January 5, 2020).
- 5 Signs You Are Still Purple Pill by Max Roscoe June 24, 2016) Return of the Kings (archived from March 18, 2017).
- MGTOW Forums (archived from February 13, 2011). "About to take the Red Pill? Perhaps you already have? Disconnect from the Matrix here… say hi or tell us your story!"
- The Redpill Right: It's #gamergate, it's Bitcoin, it's the manosphere, it's techbro libertarianism. It's the new conservatism. by A Man In Black (c. 2010) Storify (archived from March 28, 2015).
- A 60 second red pill on Flat Earth (June 1, 2017) Daily Plane (archived from November 25, 2017).
- The case against democracy: ten red pills by Mencius Moldbug (24 April 2007) Unqualified Reservations (archived from August 21, 2015).
- VH1's The Pickup Artist exposed… by Mctwist4 (09-19-2007, 05:06 AM) So Suave (archived from September 82, 2015). "Lol, thanks for posting this. I'm debating whether I should give my roommate the blue pill or the red pill now."
- What is red pill rage? by singledad984 (c. 2016) MGTOW (archived from June 15, 2018).
- From the Archives: Candace Owens meets Gamergate — and things get weird by David Futrelle (May 11, 2018) We Hunted the Mammoth.
- Roastie Urban Dictionary.
- SYSBM – The Basic Fundamentals Of The Lifestyle by Verbs2015 (Oct 21, 2019) Slaying Evil (archived from 21 Apr 2020 18:30:34 UTC).
- The PUA Redefinition of Shit-Testing and Their Bad Solution by Petticoat Despot (2/08/14 6:00PM) The Bitchery.
- The socio-sexual hierarchy by Vox Day (March 5, 2011) Alpha Game (archived from February 26, 2020).
- You Talk Like a Retard by Matt Forney (February 18, 2014) Matt Forney (archived from 12 Oct 2015 01:13:28 UTC).
- Lexicon: Why the Far Right Wing Fears Soy: To insult a man on the far-right-wing internet, you can call him a "soy boy." Will it make sense? No. by Kate Knibbs (Nov 3, 2017, 9:15am EDT) The Ringer.
- Paul Joseph Watson Tries To Apply Science To An Alt-Right Meme About Soy by Jared Holt (November 17, 2017 1:32 pm) Right Wing Watch.
- Real Talk: Why Nice Guys Really Finish Last: Here's why nice guys finish last in the dating scene. by Demetria L. Lucas (September 28, 2011) Essence.
- A definitive guide to Incels Part Three: the history of Incel by Tim Squirrell (June 4, 2018).
- TFL True Forced Loneliness Romance Dating Love (archived from September 10, 2009).
- Alpha Adam vs. 'Thirsty' Theodore by Christian McQueen (March 18, 2014) Christian McQueen (archived from 18 Mar 2014 06:49:50 UTC).
- Tradthots are not trad by Roosh V (Dec 4, 2017) YouTube (archived from March 5, 2018).
- Tradthot General by Anonymous (08/09/18 (Thu) 03:04:33 AM) Lolcow.farm (archived from April 7, 2020).
- "Alt-right" women discover that bitter racists are also sexist jerks by Katie Rife (12/05/17 5:40PM) AV Club.
- Volcel Love-Shy (archived from February 15, 2013).
- Pickup Artist: Marrying a woman over 25 is like paying double for nearly expired milk (August 6, 2013) We Hunted the Mammoth.
- Christmas Cake TV Tropes.
- https://archive.is/wip/XBEBJ The Incel Wiki (archived from 21 Apr 2020 21:24:41 UTC).
- Zeta Male A Voice for Men (archived from May 17, 2015).