Friends of Hamas
Friends of Hamas is an obviously terrorist-friendly association which, according to conservative news sources, may have paid speakers fees to Chuck Hagel (an Obama nominee for US Secretary of Defense). The story was initially broken on 7 February 2013 by Breitbart and was subsequently broadcast on 11 February 2013 by Lou Dobbs on his Fox News Business program. The news item even made its way into some international media such as the Israeli National News.
This is a serious and potentially damning allegation, and which may have merited serious investigation... if the Friends of Hamas had been something other than a throwaway joke made up by a snarky journalist.
- "Chuck Hagel and “Friends of Hamas”: Five questions". http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/02/20/chuck-hagel-and-friends-of-hamas-five-questions/.
- "SECRET HAGEL DONOR?: WHITE HOUSE SPOX DUCKS QUESTION ON 'FRIENDS OF HAMAS'". http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/07/Hagel-Friends-of-Hamas-WH.
- "Dobbs Duped: Will Fox Host Correct Record On Fraudulent "Friends Of Hamas" Report?". http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/02/20/dobbs-duped-will-fox-host-correct-record-on-fra/192738.
- "Report: Hagel Receiving Donations From 'Friends of Hamas'". http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/165058#.USVOyh37DME.
- "'Friends of Hamas': My role in the birth of a rumor". http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/friends-hamas-rumor-started-article-1.1268284?localLinksEnabled=false&google_editors_picks=true.