There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
American Anti-Cancer Institute
| Against allopathy|
American Anti-Cancer Institute (AACI) is a tax-exempt organization founded in 2008 by Robert G. Wright, purportedly to educate people about the "real truth about cancer". Wright is also the author of the 2011 book entitled
making a killing from people with cancer "Killing Cancer - Not People".
The American Anti-Cancer Institute has a similar format to Cancer Control Society and Cancer Tutor: “cancer whisperer” Mr Wright informs people about alternative cancer treatments, free of charge, however he receives five-figure tax-free donations from the quacks he refers his clients to.
The AACI advisory-board includes arch-quack Dr Leonard Coldwell and chiropractor Dr. Veronique Desaulniers,, and did include cancer-counselor Bill Henderson who has since died of cancer.
- The American Anti-Cancer Institute website.
- Video of AACI's mustachioed Mr Wright being wrong about the so-called alkaline diet,
(Try to find Mr Wright's "alkaline fruits" on this list, i.e. those with a pH of above 7).
- AACI did trademark "PrimaNeuvera": their own-brand "botanical" treatment for people with cancer.
- Video of Mr Wright claiming "Prima Neuvera" has caused "thousands" of cancer sufferers to have "permanent remission".
- A Google-search for the name of doctor who is the vice-president of the AACI only yields one result.
- Video of Mr Wright recommending Protandim, which the FDA describes as an "unproven and potentially unsafe product".
- The American Anti-Cancer Institute promote the infamous Dr Stanisław Burzynski, (whose clinic is in Texas).
- The AACI describes the Mexican "Hope4Cancer" clinic as "one of the best".
- A record of the past income of the American Anti-Cancer Institute.
- Chris "beat-cancer" Wark says he supports the American Anti-Cancer Institute, (in a YouTube which has had >500K views).
- Natural News reports AACI had agreed to participate in what turned out to be a fraudulent fundraiser.
- An archive copy of Mr Wright's profile on the AACI website.
- Paperback of "Killing Cancer — Not People" only $16
- AACI's Mr Wright promoted by Cancer Control Society.
- AACI promotes the "Cancer Tutor" website.
- The AACI did own the URL "TheCancerWhisperer".
- Mr Wright receiving a $30K donation from Ty Bollinger.
- Total revenue of AACI in 2015 was over $110K.
- An archive copy of Leonard Coldwell's profile on the AACI website.
- An archive copy of Veronique Desaulniers's profile on the AACI website.
- Archived tweet from "Dr V" promoting Amega "magic" wands.
- Bill Henderson was on the AACI advisory board in 2014.
- Bill Henderson died of cancer in 2016.