|The divine comedy|
Casey Luskin is a lawyer and one of the primary shills for the intelligent design advocacy group the Discovery Institute. When he speaks, he tends to go up at the end of every sentence, like it was a question. Okay, so it's really, really difficult to convey this in text, just see it for yourself.
The irony of putting a lawyer at the head of the largest ID "research" organization is lost on most of its followers.
Mr Luskin obtained a Bachelor of Science and a Masters Degree in Earth Sciences from the University of California, San Diego. He worked for the Scripps Institute for Oceanography (1997-2002) doing geological survey work.
Luskin is particularly famous for his claims that published articles on evolution contain "veiled threats" against creationism and that Nature has launched a propaganda war on creationism. Of course, science itself is a threat to creationism, but Luskin appears to reject the distinction between scientific evidence and polemics, and between criticism of creationism and personal attacks.
He is co-author of the paper "Paleomagnetic Results from the Snake River Plain: Contribution to the Time Averaged Field Global Database" which was on magnetic reversal evidence in rocks and used Radiometric dating to place ages. Lisa Tauxe, Casey Luskin, and Peter Selkin are given as the authors. Lisa Tauxe was Luskin's advisor for his Masters program. Check her C.V HERE Peter Selkin has a PhD in Earth Science from Scripps Institute.
He also published as a lawyer. His published work includes "Intelligent Design Will Survive Kitzmiller v. Dover; DeWolf, David K.; West, John G.; Luskin, Casey" and "Alternative Viewpoints about Biological Origins as Taught in Public Schools; Luskin, Casey" published in the Journal of Church and State.
He is the co-author of the book Science and Human Origins.
- Paleomagnetic Results from the Snake River Plain
- Alternative Viewpoints...
- Intelligent Design will Survive Dover
Quarrel with Professor Dave
On 15th of April 2022, David James "Dave" Farina mostly known under the moniker Professor Dave, posted on his YouTube channel a video titled Exposing the Discovery Institute Part 1: Casey Luskin. In said video Dave pulled the plug on many of Luskin's most infamous fibs and distortions of and/or about scientific research regarding human evolution. The (DI) videos in question did nothing to "unveil" the shortcomings of the evolutionary theory in favor of their arcane religious mythology and Dave's was nothing but measured and concise in that regard. During the thorough rebuttal Dave exposed many of the DI's/Luskin's deceitful talking points and maneuvers such as:
- The usage of inflammatory Matrix-style agitprop in the intro of their VERY educational video. The rather cringe inducing intro has Lusky wearing a vaguely simian-shaped mask in the style of those wore by Anonymous as a pathetic attempt at trying to convince their (rather gullible) audience that the DI is some kind of suppressed, underground guerilla group that fights against the "powers that be". The shoddy special effects and reverb filter on Luskin's voice are guaranteed to make your foreskin fold back in embarrassment at the sight of a grown-ass man posing himself as a Blue Pill, Red Pill Prometheus-like prophet fighting against the "materialist" agenda of evilutionism.
- The presentation of Luskin as an expert in all-things related to anthropology and evolutionary biology despite him only having a simple degree in Geology, making his expertise and thus any of his possible talking points moot from thereon forward.
- Luskin claiming that the fossil evidence for human evolution "is extremely weak" despite the fact that there are enough fossils of human ancestors providing definite links to other primates that you could fill-up two or more olympic pools with them. CL then goes to say that evolutionary study is purely driven by a fervorous cult-like materialistic agenda which won't accept their alternative truth instead, gleefully ignoring the fact that science,by definition, is the study of the physical, perceptible, MATERIAL world and we cannot study[note 1]mutant fallen angel/human hybrids, the firmament, talking snakes and other arcane nonsense of Abrahamic origin.
- The claim that scientists make whatever they want of the fossils found, not that years of intense research in morphology and bio-mechanics have allowed scientists to reconstruct with high accuracy organisms from a relatively small number of remaining body parts of said organism.[note 2]. Hilariously, right thereafter Luskin "exposed" (actual) anthropologist Owen Lovejoy, showing a segment of a PBS documentary where he allegedly manipulated the fossils of Lucy, a famous female Australopithecus afarensis, to make her walk upright. The suspicion initially came from the fact that Lucy's pelvis appeared to only allow quadrupedal locomotion whilst her knee allowed her to stand upright. As a matter of fact Owen did nothing to Lucy's remains; instead, he manipulated a simulacrum made of plaster, noting that Lucy's bones were fragmented and haphazardly refused together during later stages of fossilization. Coincidentally, Owen's reconstruction of Lucy's hip matched with the hips found unaltered in other fossils belonging to members of the same species. And here, we oh so poor materialists, awaiting for Abrahamic devotees to finally get the correct date for the ever incoming Apocalypse.
Within less than two days the video received over over 250K views and became the topmost search result for Luskin's name. As expected, Luskin responded with a ridiculous blog post whining about how arrogant and unqualified Dave is whilst making no mention whatsoever of all the lies he caught him committing. The post was deleted afterwards and the DI immediately began hammer-banning all the people who'd post links to Dave's video be it on their YouTube channel, forums and related agitprop off-shoot sites.