List of creationist claims
(Redirected from Creationist claims)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The divine comedy|
This list of creationist claims contains statements ostensibly made to support creationism, but which nearly always attack evolution (assuming the only alternative is creationism), and their associated counter-arguments. They without exception contain logical fallacies and mistakes of fact.
A very comprehensive list is compiled on talk.origins.
- Against the starlight problem:
- Against the cratered surface of the moon:
- The addition of leap seconds and the slowing of the Earth's rotation necessitates a young Earth.
- Irreducible complexity requires an intelligent designer.
- The banana requires an intelligent designer.
- God put fake fossils in the ground for some reason.
- The presence of "polonium halos" proves a young Earth.
- Against the slow geological formation of the continents:
- Certain fossils appear in the "wrong" place in the geological record.
- Against the impossibility of having enough water for the flood:
- Comets brought the water.
- The continents floated on the water until the Flood.
- Against caring for the animals in Noah's ark:
- Against improbable things happen in evolution:
- X has a 1 in [BIG NUMBER] chance of ocurring.
- X is extremely unlikely. A probability of less than 10-50 is a probability of 0.
- Acceptance of evolution prevents morality.
- If man arose by chance, life would have no purpose or meaning.
- Evolution says you are descended from a monkey. Do you want to be descended from a monkey?
- Evolution is incompatible with religion, so we should reject evolution.
- 101 evidences for a young age of the Earth and the universe
- 12 Arguments Evolutionists Should Avoid
- Ask Darwinists
- Scientific Facts in the Bible: 100 Reasons to Believe the Bible is Supernatural in Origin
Русскоязычным вариантом данной статьи является статья Список утверждений креационистов