There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| The divine comedy|
Sorensen keeps an exhaustive list of "logical fallacies" that he believes atheists and leftists regularly engage in, but it functions less as a catalog of wrongdoing and more like a gish gallop of "Why won't people take me seriouslyyyyyyy?" whining.
Borrowing from the tactics of some other creationists, Sorensen has adopted the "frivolous DMCA" approach as a method of attempting to silence his critics, even going so far as to flag someone else's picture as his own intellectual property, as well as flagging links to other people's blogs, and third party messageboards as somehow belonging to him on Facebook.
Sorensen claims that atheism causes brain damage and that atheists are immoral. He also thinks the transcendental argument for God and presuppositionalism are both good arguments, women aren't oppressed, and that Obama is a radical abortionist.
He also cites his own writing as sources in his articles, but remains sufficiently embarrassed by what other people think of his posts that he will regularly and repeatedly alter the URL of a page on his blog to break external links, and has edited his 404 error page to indicate that the source of the link is being deliberately dishonest, or is "stupefied" and incapable of correctly fact checking. He is also fond of reworking blog posts to remove evidence of his numerous mistakes.
Sorensen spends much time attacking the faithless on Twitter. He is also the main mover behind the Question Evolution Project Facebook group. Luckily, Sorensen's influence is significantly smaller than he realizes; his Twitter account is followed by only a few hundred people and his tweets are protected, and his blogs are apparently read only by non-believers howling with mirth as he repeatedly proves that he wouldn't know real science if it walked up and bit him in the ass.
In the summer of 2011 Sorensen started a new blog, Piltdown Superman, to host reposts of his own "best" creationism posts, along with link-whoring other creationist sites.
Recently, Sorensen has endorsed Shockofgod's "Evolution Challenge," seemingly happy to side with a proven YouTube troll simply because he agrees with his religious opinions. Sorensen's own YouTube channel seems to be mainly made up of short clips, ripped free of context, that he believes mock atheists and those who accept the facts of evolution.
Apparent ban from Facebook
During March 2013, both of Bob's Facebook pages (facebook.com/cowboy.bob.s and facebook.com/bob.sorensen.tqep) suddenly disappeared within a week of each other, returning only a "page deleted" error message when either was looked at. Whether this was in response to his increased abuse of the report function on Facebook, or something more unpleasant is unknown. A third profile (facebook.com/piltdown.suprman) appeared soon after, but was apparently also deleted. A fourth, sorensson.roberts, sprung up a little later only to be likewise deleted by Facebook. A fifth, Piltdown.Superman, is currently up. It is more than likely that there are several other active personal accounts belonging to Sorensen breaching the Facebook terms of service at this very moment.
- "It's only been about six weeks since I have actively come back to my Christian faith..." —Robert Sorensen. "Why I Cannot Trust Atheists Part 1." Stormbringer's Thunder. 2010 May 22.
- Robert Sorensen. "." Stormbringer's Thunder. 2011 November 20.
- Robert Sorensen. "Logic Lessons." Stormbringer's Thunder.
- Alex Botten. "Bob Sorensen Thinks an Empty Page Accurately Represents His Intellect." an atheist viewpoint. 2013 February 9.
- Robert Sorensen. "Does Atheism Cause Brain Damage?" Stormbringer's Thunder. 2010 December 26.
- Robert Sorensen. "Why I Cannot Trust Atheists Part 1." Stormbringer's Thunder. 2010 May 22.
- Robert Sorensen. "Time Wasters: Making Your Own Rules." Stormbringer's Thunder. 2010 October 2.
- "'Women are suppressed by men, and are kept poor.' Right. Just ask the wealthy women in the world." —Robert Sorensen. "The Conspiracy Game." Stormbringer's Thunder. 2008 April 16.
- Robert Sorensen. "America's Abortion Shame - 40 Years Later." Stormbringer's Thunder. 2013 January 22.
- More like blue-green. Or purple, red, or orange. And lest we forget, magenta on black.
- Look at it.
- "So are many Websites, because..." —Robert Sorensen. "Willingly Deceived by Evolution." Piltdown Superman. July 2012.
- "...facts cause their faulty worldviews to turn to Ashes?" —Robert Sorensen. "Audio Saturday: Checking the Facts with Dr. Sarfati." Piltdown Superman. 2012 November 10.
- Original link.
- Second link before alteration.
- Current link, no doubt this will be altered shortly.
- http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=dismantling+dawkins Search string] for above articles.
- Search for "another liar for darwin" on his blog.