There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| The divine comedy|
Gitt wrote the book In the Beginning was Information (1997), in which he proposes that no information can exist without a code, and that information has to have a mental origin—which he claims comes from God. Gitt's arguments consist of a lot of arm waving, contradictory statements, assertions without proof, and circular reasoning. Scientists have explained in detail where he goes wrong.
- His personal site
- Werner Gitt, In the Beginning was Information. ISBN 9780890514610
- Werner Gitt, Did God Use Evolution? Observations from a Scientist of Faith. ISBN 0890514836
- Idiotic Gitt: AiG and Bad Information Theory. scienceblogs.org, 29 December 2008.
- Articles by Werner Gitt at Answers in Genesis.
- Information Theory and Creationism. talkorigins.org.
- Errors in Werner Gitt's work with Information Theory. Archived from the original at ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov.