| The divine comedy|
“”[Harvard] sounded like it would be useful for credentials and evangelism... I asked myself, 'How can I use and abuse my training to influence eternity, rather than for temporary gain?'
|—New ICR Research Associate: Nathaniel T. Jeanson, Ph.D.|
Nathaniel Jeanson is an abnormal young Earth creationist in that he has a PhD from Harvard Medical School in cell and developmental biology. During his time at Harvard he "worked in the stem cell laboratory ... [b]ut strictly with adult stem cells." He was quickly snatched up by the Institute for Creation Research in 2009 after getting his PhD, and is on their speakers list.
A number of talks by Dr Jeanson in Boston have attracted the attention of skeptics. In August 2009 Boston Skeptics noticed and publicised an imminent lecture by Jeanson, which was picked up by PZ Myers. One report described this lecture as "an hour-long spectacle of misinformation, half-truths and what appeared to be deliberate obfuscation." He also struggled in the Q&A against scientists in the audience. In 2011 he apparently performed a similar talk, but had a new strategy in the Q&A—questioners were brushed off and told to “look at the data.”
- True confessions of a creationist
- Nathaniel Jeanson, Stealth Ph. D.
- Entry on the Encyclopedia of American Loons (#193)
- New ICR Research Associate: Nathaniel T. Jeanson, Ph.D.img
- Bio at icr.orgimg
- Speakers list.img
- Creationist Lecture in Boston on Sunday!
- Boston, land of…creationists?
- A first-hand report of Nathaniel Jeanson's lecture in Boston
- A Report on Nathaniel Jeanson's Creationism lecture
- Harvard Ph.D Nathaniel Jeanson gives creationist lecture