There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| The divine comedy|
The book is a haphazard compilation of just about every bad argument for creationism and then some. The usual PRATTle is pratted out for our edification (evolution violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics; there are no transitional fossils; radiometric dating cannot be trusted, ad nauseam).
It is riddled with factual errors. For example:
- Claims that according to evolutionary theory, humans descended from birds
- Also claims that evolutionists believe the duck-billed platypus is the evolutionary link between birds and mammals
- Claims that human and dinosaur fossils have been found alongside each other, and this disproves evolution
- Cites a scientist who won the 1971 Nobel Prize in physics as "winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in science"
It includes an appendix titled "Scientific Facts that Prove Evolution." The page is blank.
- Huse, Scott M. The Collapse of Evolution. Baker Books, 1983; most recent edition 1997
- See Jim Foley: "Creationism and the Platypus", talk.origins FAQ for a refutation