Scientific Creationism (book)
Scientific Creationism is the Orwellian title of a 1974 book by Henry Morris, published by the Institute for Creation Research. It was printed in a God-awful font that was intelligently designed to put people off reading it.
The book was issued in two versions: a General Edition for bookstores, and a much slimmer Public School Edition which omitted any Biblical references.
The book is 255 pages long and divided into 7 chapters whose titles are posed as questions, thereby smearing the scientific viewpoint with ambivalence, whilst the eighth and final chapter which deals with the Biblical account is presented as only certainty. You might recognize some false dichotomies in the first few chapters.
- Chapter 1 - Evolution or Creation? (16 pages)
- Chapter 2 - Chaos or Cosmos? (20 pages)
- Chapter 3 - Uphill or Downhill? (22 pages)
- Chapter 4 - Accident or Plan? (32 pages)
- Chapter 5 - Uniformitarianism or Catastrophism (40 pages)
- Chapter 6 - Old or Young? (40 pages)
- Chapter 7 - Apes or Men? (32 pages)
- Chapter 8 - Creation According to Scripture (53 pages)
- Second Edition (1985), paperback 25th reprint 2009