There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| The divine comedy|
Michael J. Oard is a young Earth creationist who has written about flood geology, ice ages, and the extinction of woolly mammoths. Oard is a member of the board of the Creation Research Society. According to Creation Ministries International, Oard "has published about 200 articles in the creationist technical literature" and has been involved in "fourteen published creationist books".
His website reads:
To build up by research the Flood Model based on Genesis 6-9 and other Scripture verses and to flesh out the post-Flood rapid Ice Age.
Given that Oard accepts the Bible as literally true, this comes dangerously close to circular reasoning.
- Problems for Giant Impact Origin of Moon
- Are Polar Ice Sheets Only 4500 Years Old? and response from Accuracy in Genesis
- An Ice Age Caused by the Genesis Flood, 1990. ISBN 9780932766205.
- Life in the Great Ice Age, 1993. Coauthor Beverly Oard. ISBN 9780890511671.
- Ancient Ice Ages or Gigantic Submarine Landslides?, 1997. ISBN 9780940384187. Rebuttal from No Answers in Genesis available.
- The Weather Book (Wonders of Creation), 1997. ISBN 9780890512111.
- Frozen in Time: The Woolly Mammoth, The Ice Age, and The Bible, 2004. ISBN 9781614582168.
- The Missoula Flood Controversy and the Genesis Flood, 2004. ISBN 9780940384323.
- Road Guide to Yellowstone National Park and Adjacent Areas: From a Creationist Perspective, 2005. ISBN 9780940384309.
- The Frozen Record: Examining the Ice Core History of the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Sheets, 2005. ISBN 9780932766823.
- The Geologic Column: Perspectives Within Diluvial Geology, 2006. ISBN 9781940384351.
- What Ever Happened to the Wooly Mammoth: Life at the End of the Great Ice Age, 2007. ISBN 9780890515082.
- Uncovering the the Mysterious Woolly Mammoth, 2007. Coauthor Beverly Oard. ISBN 9780890515082.
- Flood By Design: Receding Water Shapes the Earth's Surface, 2008. ISBN 9781614581659.
- Rock Solid Answers: The Biblical Truth Behind 14 Geologic Questions, 2009. Coauthor John K. Reed. ISBN 9780890515679.
- Geology for Kids, 2009. ISBN 0890515573
- Dinosaur Challenges and Mysteries, 2011. 9781921643477.
- The New Weather Book, 2015. ISBN 9781614584339.
- "True North" series:
- Your Guide to the Grand Canyon: A Different Perspective, 2008. Coauthors John Hergenrather and Tom Vail. ISBN 9780890515013.
- Your Guide to Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks: A Different Perspective, 2010. Coauthors Dennis Bokovoy and Tom Vail. ISBN 9780890515808.
- Your Guide to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks: A Different Perspective, 2012. Coauthors Dennis Bokovoy, John Hergenrather, and Tom Vail. ISBN 9780890516409.
- Michael.Oards.net, his webpage