| Our Feature Presentation|
Films and TV
| The divine comedy|
Genesis: Paradise Lost (also known as Genesis 3D) is the
unknown and obscure much-hyped, highly-anticipated project by Eric Hovind of Creation Today and Resurrection Pictures with Ralph Strean directing and producing. Since 2012, different organizations have been asking for donations and it is not clear how much money has been raised in total for it.
According to Resurrection Pictures 'Genesis, has been in the works since Ralph first started production in 2008. Resurrection Pictures and Creation Today did not get involved until late 2012 when they teamed up with Strean to assist on the financing side. The movie has taken many different twists and turns."
In 2008 Resurrection Pictures and Creation Today announced plans to produce Creation, its first original film project, "a biopic that dramatizes the life of Kent "Dr. Dino" Hovind." Kevin Miller, the writer of Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed wrote the movie's script; the film was "scheduled for production in 2010." The organization asked for tens of thousands of dollars to begin production. No word, however, on how they would cover Hovind's years in prison for tax fraud.
In 2010 the film was not produced, but instead was renamed Dr. Dino: Where Creation and Evolution Collide, and Resurrection Pictures claimed "it is scheduled for production in 2011." Of course, the website asked for money. It also posted part of the script which described Kent Hovind in a science classroom teaching children about "evolutionists". In February 2010 Resurrection Pictures wrote: "We are so excited about this film and are looking to release it in theaters in 2011". This movie was never made and was abandoned.
In 2012 Resurrection Pictures discovered a talented young writer, producer and director named Ralph Strean who had been working alone on the 3D movie since 2008. Strean had writen the script and was looking for investors to help him finish the film. With the help of several investors, Strean continued to work on the film alone. It would take another five years of 15 hour seven days a week work days before Strean completed the movie in 2017. It was released in limited theaters across America on November 11, 2017 and was a success with the christian population.
Sometime around 2013, Eric Hovind and Creation Today became involved in the financing of the movie, and was given promotion from Christian media. Hovind asked people for $275 for 1 second, $8,250 for 30 seconds and $16,500 for one minute of the movie at his website.
In addition to the previous solicitations for money, Ralph Strean started a IndieGoGo fundraiser for the movie. The first was in October 2013 when Strean brought in $272,359 from donors, "expecting" a "mid 2014" finish-date.[note 1] Specifically Hovind who would later be hired to handle distribution of the DVD sales said, "In 40 days Ralph raised $275,000.00 of the production budget." By mid-2014 the movie remained incomplete. Another $800,000 was asked for. An April 2014 update reported receiving $300,000. In June 2014, Another $500,000 was asked for.
In September 2014 it was announced that the movie would be delayed for about a year so more money could be raised, writing: "While we do have a set goal of completing the film in a little under a year, we're also raising more funds to add more CG to the film, so our release date is like a moving target."
By early 2016 the film still had no release date. However, Sevenfold Films and Creation Today continued asking for money and selling items to promote the movie. On January 21, 2016, Eric Hovind said he needed people to give him another $90,000 to finish the movie and claimed it would be completed in "eight months".
In June 2017, Ralph Strean came up with the final title Genesis: Paradise Lost, supposedly part 1 of an unknown number in a series. It includes animation alongside commentary from creationists, including Ken Ham and Ray Comfort. In July 2017 another request was made from supporters to donate $350,000 to finance showing the movie in theaters in the United States. By August 2017 they had raised $300,000 and then it was announced they had received all the money needed. It premiered at 7:00 p.m. on the 13th of November, 2017 Not one actual critic bothered to review it, as per Rotten Tomatoes.
Evolution of Genesis over the years
In 2009, the summary was as follows:
Resurrection Pictures is currently in the script preparation phase of its story about a high school biology teacher who decides to begin telling the truth to his students about where we came from and what follows in the often funny and tearful story of one man's struggle to stand up for the truth. This script is abandoned and never produced.
In late 2012, the movie summary was: Ralph Strean of Sevenfold Films teams up with Resurrection Pictures and Creation Today to assist Strean in his 3D animated movie project which Strean had been working on alone for the past three years.
Genesis 3D Movie is a feature-length documentary film based on the first book of the Bible, featuring stunning 3D visual effects accompanied with expert scientific research!
As of 2017, the movie summary is:
GENESIS: PARADISE LOST will entertain and educate as an event for the whole family. The digital animation is interwoven with insightful commentary from accredited scientists and educators such as Dr. Charles Jackson and Dr. Georgia Purdom, and popular speakers such as Ken Ham and Ray Comfort. Cultural apologist Dr. Voddie Baucham, Jr.’s deep booming voice serves as Genesis’ “unseen narrator” whose vocal presence gives the visual images deeper meaning and life.
With the wild history of this film, the trailer is significantly different from what it was in the past.
- "When will the film be released? It is my hope and expectation that the film will be completed Mid 2014." The film did not get released until 2017 due partly to the fact that Strean was the sole party engaged in the production on the film. Literally single-handily providing all digital production and all other aspects of the production of the film in a room the size of 10 x 10 that was kept perpetually freezing so as to protect the thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment needed to animate the 3D effects which had to be built three times for each scene. 
- , Christians Want Genesis 3D Movie This Badly, Creation Today, December 3rd, 2013
- Innovative New Creation Film to ‘Bring Genesis to Life’ With Cutting-Edge 3D Animation, Christian News, September 30, 2013
- Where Creation Comes Alive, Genesis (Archived on Apr 03 2013)
- The Box Office Power of America's 303 Million Christians, Resurrection Pictures
- Dr. Dino “Where Creation and Evolution Collide” Resurrection Pictures
- Script Final Exerpt for Website Internet Archive, (archived on Aug 13 2011
- Evolution: The Lie Resurrection Pictures Newsletter, February 2010 (archived on Jun 26 2014)
- Genesis 3D Movie Update! Creation Today, September 26, 2013
- Support the Genesis Movie, Creation Today
- The Genesis Movie: An Interview with Eric Hovind, Secondly Magazine (archived July 17 2019)
- "…we have several different goals all the way up to $800,000" Huge Announcement!!! Almost at 400k!, Indiegogo, Sep 9, 2014 update
- Genesis 3D Movie Update Creation Today, archived on Apr 14 2015
- Genesis Movie, archived in Aug 03 2014
- Genesis 3D Movie Huge Announcement and Update, Creation Today, Sep 9 2014
- Genesis Paradise Lost, Genesis Movie
- Genesis 3D Movie Donation, Creation Today (archived on Dec 28, 2017)
- Update on the Genesis Movie. Please Share., Facebook, Jan 21 2016
- Genesis Movie Title, Creation Today
- Genesis: Paradise Lost in 3D, Resurrection Pictures (archived on Mar 7, 2019)
- Let's take Genesis to Theaters this November!, Facebook, July 28 2017
- Crowdfunder Update - Day 5., Facebook, Aug 03 2017
- Update, Facebook, Aug 15 20017
- We're going to Theaters!, Facebook, Aug 29 2017]
- Current Projects, Resurrection Pictures (archived on May 22 2009